Danny Maguire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Danny Maguire

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Quote from McDermot 'So proud of a group of young men who will literally do anything to win!'

You said it Brian, bunch of cheating T***S!!

According to Eddie because Catalans received more pens Trent Robinson is wrong saying the officials were awful, what an absolute P***K.
Had to moderate your language a little bit TBW - sorry :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Absolutely fine Josie, sorry for the language just absolutely disgusted!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jammie

Post by jammie »

maguire digrace.bailey disgrace,match officials disgrace.let's now see if the powers that be are added to that list by not giving maguire 3 matches.
bailey the coward picking on the smallest player in catalans side.
hope we pick leeds and then we can put them in there place.
COME ON WIGAN.!!!!!!!!!!!
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Absolutely fine Josie, sorry for the language just absolutely disgusted!!
I've heard her come out with worse! :lol:
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Another vintage performance from bent haler - surprising that when he referees sudden death matches 90% of the key decisions go the whinoes way? Does any believe that danny mcScum would have stayed on if he wasn't playing for the RFL's team?

I mailed them this morning, more to vent than in the hope that anything will be done!
Dear RFL,

I am writing (again) to highlight the inconsistency and complete lack of refereeing “standards” in Super League.

Specifically, I was wondering if you could tell me what exactly a Leeds player must do in order to be either sin-binned or sent off in a match. Clearly we can rule out high tackles, attacks to the head of falling players, repeated interference, repeated offside or for that matter repeated infringement of any kind.

I am of course referring to Ben Thaler’s decision to not send Danny McGuire off for one of the worst “tackles” this season. He came in with a swinging arm on a player that was falling and made heavy contact with the head. This was not a case of trying to tackle the legs or being wrong footed, this was a case of using the forearm to attack the head of another player and even Sky’s bumbling commentary team agreed that it should have been a red card.

In recent weeks, Wigan’s Michael McIlorum was sent off and banned for 3 matches for a offence that pales in significance to this. However Ben Thaler, (as he so often does when he is refereeing the team from his home County), gave nothing other than a penalty. I am sure that the irony of Danny McGuire scoring the try that essentially won the match for Leeds was not lost on the Catalan fans or fans of the game in general. What is more, I think that every Super League fan who lives outside of the Leeds area is well aware that the chances of Danny McGuire missing the Semi-Final or indeed the Final should Leeds get there, are slim to none.

No governing body in any sport that I am aware of is less popular with the supporters than the RFL currently is. By the appointment and continued employ of “officials” such as Ben Thaler and the actions of the “disciplinary” panel, you are ruining the game that we all love.

I look forward to reading your excuse as to why Danny McGuire’s tackle was actually Louis Anderson’s fault and that he should face no sanction.

Yours in despair

etc
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
markill

Post by markill »

If they grade it appropriately it should be a C - but they will give it a B and suggest player falling into tackle as a reason for lower grading. That will mean max 2 match ban. They will say he has a good record over a long career and although he was suspended by the panel earlier this year, that was for a different type of offence so he will get 1 match ban.

If that isn't what happens, Leeds will certinaly appeal on that basis.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

I agree. My son inlaw is from a Union background. I have explained League rules to him and I find it difficult if not impossible to explain the incosistancy of refereeing decisions to him. He also doesn't watch league anymore on tv because he dislikes Stevo and Hemings'commentry style.Phil, Barry,and Terry should replace them fronted by Brian and Bill Arthur.

OJ

Post by OJ »

Bent Haler is a superb name Matthew - Love it!

Hopefully we wont see him or Child or Hicks on Friday - almost makes me appreciate Steve Ganson.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

OJ

Post by OJ »

Just having a roam round and stumbled across this on the Sporting Life - is Brian McDermott really serious -unbelievable! Accidental contact my ....

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... on-mcguire
McGuire was put on report for a high tackle on Louis Anderson during the Rhinos' win over Catalan Dragons on Friday.

The incident will be considered by the RFL's match-review panel on Monday and McDermott is adamant that McGuire should face no action, arguing that he made accidental contact with Anderson.

"I don't think I'm being biased but that's not a bannable offence," he said. "You can't ban people for unfortunately finding themselves making contact with somebody's head.

"If someone goes out to make contact with somebody's head intentionally, ban them. To keep making that 'mistake', ban them.

"That's what I thought the review panel was for, to try to eradicate repeat offenders, either cynical contact where people are twisting elbow and shoulder sockets or people who just can't get their tackle technique right.

"At the moment with the panel it seems to be a 'one-strike and you're out'. There are very few successes this year. I don't think there has been any not-guilties this year."

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Wes

Post by Wes »

I personally think Louis Anderson should get a 5 game ban for putting his head in the way! What was he thinking?!?

In all seriousness Louis Anderson could have hurt Danny's arm!