NRL Grand Final - Do not read if youve recorded it!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southern warrrior

Re: NRL Grand Final - Do not read if youve recorded it!

Post by southern warrrior »

now i live in oz and have done for a number of years and i agree with you about the ads during the game but they are normally one ad and if you miss anything which is rare they show you it straight away. plus its on FREE to air TV not satellite so thats the price you pay for free sport im afraid in this day and age you cant escape the ad. and ads are big here in oz thats just the way it is. you can watch it ad free on foxtel but later on in the day and in HD if your not bothered about the wait. so take it or leave it, free sport with ads i'll take, we have 3 games a week on free TV. one live, what about you??? the beeb still just about does challenge cup. i have foxtel and love my league in Hd and watch nearly all the games in a weekend. we have every game on TV and sky still only manages 2 a week with poor highlights. give me channel 9 and foxtel any day.

Graham is facing an 8 week suspension for clearly making a bite on Billy, what an idiot.

What a great game played by the masters of a great game plan, belly ache had the outside backs shutting down the doggies attack they were brilliant, and to quote gus gould
"The Bulldogs just were never allowed to get into any rhythm whatsoever in attack.there endth the lesson"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z280YaFugT
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

WOOHOO MELBOURNE STORM 2012 PREMIERS.. Wow what a feeling.I am estatic and SOOOO PROUD of MY CHAMPION TEAM.The only reason the game was close was CAMMY couldn`t put the ball over the black dot(but in the end it didn`t matter) The WHOLE TEAM played as a TEAM.No one would have beaten us yesterday.
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Taken by someone that was at the 'after party'
Hello Hoffy
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Kittwazzer wrote:This brand of Rugby League certainly puts our sanitised version to shame. I can understand why Jeff Lima had his problems when he first arrived. He must have wondered what the hell he had come to!
I agree and disagree. Certainly is a lot quicker, and tougher than Superleague. There appears to be no such thing as a high tackle! And i also agree with comments above about the commentators. What a breath of fresh air after a full season of our 2 numpties.

What i also like though is how the coverage doesn't highlight potential refereeing mistakes. Ie, if there is a possible high tackle that goes unpunished, you don't see 7 slow-mo replays from different camera angles followed by Stevo going "Well, the official has got it wrong".... They just crack on with the game. Tuff shit, it's done, get on with it! Much better IMO, and much more like actually being at the ground.

One thing i did notice though was the lack of attacking prowess over SL (bear with me here!). Both teams had periods of repeat sets on the oppositions line, but neither even remotely looked threatening. IMO, the attacking options are very simple (ie prop barges, hooker scooting, straight grubber hoping for drop out etc). I don't recall any instance of seeing the ball travel from left to right through dummy runners and 2nd phases completed by a step in, flat pass to winger or clinical grubber (ala Ryan Hall/Leeds, Joel Monaghon/Wire, Josh C/Wigan). I know that some credit must go to the brutal defense, but still. How many times have you ever seen 4 repeat sets in SL without a try? I found myself agreeing with Shaun McRae after the game, in that i was impressed by the defense. But given the choice, i think i'd rather watch Wigan or Wire taking risks, being entertaining and throwing the ball about over this any day.

Oh, and as a closing statement. James Graham is a tool. Disgrace on the game and on your country. I hope they throw the book at you. It's difficult enough for UK players to break into the NRL as it is without that crap.
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Foot note : After getting a delay on the hearing,(because Canterbury had their presentation night Wednesday), nibbles Graham will plead Not Guilty at Thursdays hearing :doz:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
Warriors Forever

Post by Warriors Forever »

Apparently he signing a contract extension as well
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Warriors Forever wrote:Apparently he signing a contract extension as well
£275,000 pa was the figure mentioned on backchat. Yeah, he's really gonna go back to Stains!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Warriors Forever wrote:Apparently he signing a contract extension as well
£275,000 pa was the figure mentioned on backchat. Yeah, he's really gonna go back to Stains!
Is it pounds or Aus. dollars??