England v Wales

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

Re: England v Wales

Post by ian.birchall »

I see that hock and mcilorum still have no sense when it comes to not getting into pointless unnecessary fights on the pitch!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Why cant the RFL invest in bringing the likes of Papua NG or any of the south sea island sides over? surely any of these sides would relish the opportunity and give us a far better work-out.

Also,bring back Great Britain and bring to an end this home nation farce.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

medlocke wrote:Turned over at half time to watch Star Wars, no atmosphere what so ever
There isn't any in outer space! :lol:
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

platt-warrior wrote:Why cant the RFL invest in bringing the likes of Papua NG or any of the south sea island sides over? surely any of these sides would relish the opportunity and give us a far better work-out.

Also,bring back Great Britain and bring to an end this home nation farce.
Whilst I agree with your comments, I think this issue is around available funding if you split into England, Wales etc....
At least Wales v USA may give a better match in the world cup, but if things go as expected and Australia and Wales win their groups, then it's an Australia Wales quarter final!
For the England team it was nothing more than a training session and we now have the exitement building up to the finals (note sarcasm)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
donny

Post by donny »

I would sooner watch a hen sit. seriously,i am tired of the crap they are serving up nowadays, lets get back to the 1950s brand of rugby ,I know it will never happen but i can dream, its a shame these young players scoring all these tries will be thinking they are better than they really are,Hall and Briscoe and Charnley couldn't lace the boots of Boston, Bevan, and Vollenhoven.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

KOOCH wrote:Complete and utter waste of time.BBC coverage is what we all crave for on any normal day but this farce of a day does nothing to promote the great sport that is Rugby League.Cannot and will not blame the players they are only doing what was asked of them and that is represent the country.I blame the inept clowns that are the Rfl end of. :angry:
BBC coverage is pathetic. They showed the Wales game but ignored the Scotland V Englands Knights Today. Why not show both games? wouldnt have hurt them to put the Knights game on BBC2 or even highlights. But then we mear fans and licence payer mean nowt these days.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Cold hard truth is that if no more than a few thousand actually turn up for the matches then there is no value in the BBC showing them. We need meaningful international fixtures with substantial public interest, or why should any broadcaster show them?

How many were at the Scotland match?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

The fact that England now rob the money from the national sport to keep it for themselves means there will never be a meaningful contest. No, the money does not come from the fans but from sky subscribers an their advertisers. Guess what, we pay the same as the English but RedHall decided that the English team would get the bulk. Full time coach and set up. Portugal, get real. Wales and Scotland are left to cope on a shoestring. England even cherry pick our best players cos their granny had an Englishspringer spaniel. As for slipping in the down under players like Chase who cannot get a works permit it is taking the proverbial. If you want to keep it a minority sport across the centre of England you have found the ideal solution. The equivalent of Man U playing Berwick rangers. The full squad playing the under eighteens. Jim
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
KOOCH wrote:Complete and utter waste of time.BBC coverage is what we all crave for on any normal day but this farce of a day does nothing to promote the great sport that is Rugby League.Cannot and will not blame the players they are only doing what was asked of them and that is represent the country.I blame the inept clowns that are the Rfl end of. :angry:
BBC coverage is pathetic. They showed the Wales game but ignored the Scotland V Englands Knights Today. Why not show both games? wouldnt have hurt them to put the Knights game on BBC2 or even highlights. But then we mear fans and licence payer mean nowt these days.
Yes I do agree that BBC coverage is not the best but my post was high-lighting the fact that our sport needs more exposure to the populace and being that the Beeb is a case for that exposure we needed to show case our game in the best possible light. :D