Hock to Parramatta?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Hock to Parramatta?

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

cpwigan wrote:Jimbo this is a thread for intelligent people.
You ARE Kenny Crapper and I claim my prize!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the Parra fans think he is nothing but a smoke screen with the impending AGM next month (8th December). They WILL NOT pay a transfer fee (what Australian club has???)

In fact many doubt Hocks "talent" for what it is and his ability to hack it in the NRL.

Like I said, throw enough shit and some of it will stick :wink:

Israel Folau is set to sign for the Eels for a reputed $2.6 4 year deal

From Ricky Stuart
"Parramatta fans have had a couple of dull years so it's my job to improve every player in the team and, with Israel there, that will help that happen rapidly. Israel wants to be at Parramatta and we want him to be an Eel. That's the great thing.

"We are doing everything in our power to make him an Eel and everything we have done has been in consultation with the NRL.

"The fact Israel has decided to return to rugby league is a fantastic thing for our game. He brings excitement. Israel has a big personality and was absolutely tremendous for the AFL in promoting the new club. The AFL recognise that.

"His return will be as good - if not better - for rugby league."
I underlined the important bit, I didn't read anywhere in any press apart from speculation (probably caused by off season rumours in the first place) of their efforts to recruit an English forward. Yes the cap IS bigger than the one in the UK but it is not limitless AND is also more harshly governed to prevent overspends
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Burgess from the Bulls to the Rabbitohs ?

The communication between Wigan and Parra is genuine, the fee I quotes is what Wigan want. Do I think Parra will pay it? Probably not BUT bar the Hayne train season, the Eels are desparate for success.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

I have said repeatedly Hock has not signed

Last night Hock was STILL a Wigan player

The interest in Hock is genuine AND CONFIRMED not rumour or gossip as you ludicrously alluded to.

I added IF IL/Wigan gets £200,000 from Parra, Hock can go.

What is so difficult for you to understand?
I earned sufficient money by the age of 58 to take early retirement on my terms so my intelligence is not in doubt. As for Hock not yet signed I said you always leave a get out clause. Where have I posted the thread is nonsense? What I have said is the thread has been hijacked for your own political agenda. You are using pure speculation to slag IL again. Anyone who disagrees with either your posts or attitude problem has to be belittled. You come across as a very sad person without a good word for anyone.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

highland convert wrote:

I have said repeatedly Hock has not signed

Last night Hock was STILL a Wigan player

The interest in Hock is genuine AND CONFIRMED not rumour or gossip as you ludicrously alluded to.

I added IF IL/Wigan gets £200,000 from Parra, Hock can go.

What is so difficult for you to understand?
I earned sufficient money by the age of 58 to take early retirement on my terms so my intelligence is not in doubt. As for Hock not yet signed I said you always leave a get out clause. Where have I posted the thread is nonsense? What I have said is the thread has been hijacked for your own political agenda. You are using pure speculation to slag IL again. Anyone who disagrees with either your posts or attitude problem has to be belittled. You come across as a very sad person without a good word for anyone.
The fact you deem monetary accumulation and retiring at 58 as a sign of intelligence PROVES that you are not intelligent. Your posts here exemplify a lack of intelligence. Stupidity even?

I do not suffer fools :roll:

ok no more sniping play nice, use pm for insults and whisperings of sweet nothings not public forum
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Hock would be a big miss for us. There are plenty of very good 2nd rowers about but few that have that Xfactor that Hock has.

I thought it was all hot air but IL has whipped out his "no comment" song - from experience that means its a all but done deal
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Hock would be a big miss for us. There are plenty of very good 2nd rowers about but few that have that Xfactor that Hock has.

I thought it was all hot air but IL has whipped out his "no comment" song - from experience that means its a all but done deal
Like CP says, its just a matter of agreeing a fee but I might know a bit more tonight!
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Kittwazzer - Oh do keep us informed.
E.& O.E.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Seriously, the Parra fans think he is nothing but a smoke screen with the impending AGM next month (8th December). They WILL NOT pay a transfer fee (what Australian club has???)
I didn't think there was a possibility of an Aussie club paying a free but based on what someone said on rlfans I am now pretty sure Bradford got one for Burgess.

Whether they would pay the sort of fee Hock should command is another matter but regardless of that the fact we would even consider selling him given the state of our squad is sad.

I am not one blind to Hock's faults and don't consider him a great player, merely very good but I do know we ought not to be selling a player as experienced as him when we have lost so much just now.

Would not surprise me that if the sale fell through IL came out saying "we don't sell our best players" when I think if the sale does fall through it won't because of lack of trying on his part.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

warrior49 wrote:I totally applaud the post by cherry pie..

I am seriously considering NOT renewing for next season unless IL has an ace replacement up his sleeve, which I very much doubt he has.

IL ???
I have had a season ticket for nearly 30 years and I too am not renewing until I know what the hell is going on.

I am seriously considering just going to the odd match next year. If as fans we just blindly follow our club then we will continue to be taken for mugs!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Kittwazzer wrote:
slimshady wrote:
Leneghan will announce some great signings in the coming weeks but he will be selling Lockers, Micky Mac, Sam, Hansen and Mossop he isnt a fan hes a business man I wish we had someone like Moran at warrington
Bit over despondent. He's a Wigan fan AND a successful businessman. I don't think Lockers will ever play for another team. The terms of Sam's last contract made it obvious he wasn't here forever but built in a sizeable return when he goes. We may lose H for nothing unless he signs another contract but Micky and Moose should bring a return.

As for Moran, I reckon Leneghan can match him for wherewithal, he just refuses to buy success outright. It doesn't work, as Warrington's last 57 years bears out!
Bollocks, how can he be a fan when he lets your best players leave. He tried to buy success with his overseas signings and his attempts to sign Ratchford and others. Moran beats Leneghan hands down when it comes to wherewithal because he puts his money where his mouth is IL is not a Wigan fan he is a business man who owned London and then traded up and bought Wigan, spouted a load of crap about not spending beyond our means so he always has an excuse when he misses out on or gets rid of players. If someone came along tomorrow and wanted to buy Wigan, if IL could make a few quid Wigan would be sold!