Centre for Wigan ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Centre for Wigan ?

Post by 100% Warrior »

In today's League Express it says that Maurice has been slightly disappointed with the cutting edge of our centres this season and is therefore looking to recruit a new centre for next season.

In an ideal world which centre would you like to see Maurice sign for Wigan and why ?
rugbynelly

Re: Centre for Wigan ?

Post by rugbynelly »

im not sure what centre i would like to see at the club, but it will have to be a crash centre that can break the line and set carney off down the wing
theres only 1 team in wigan
warriorjon

Re: Re: Centre for Wigan ?

Post by warriorjon »

This season our centres have been very disapointing indeed when you consider the tallent we have had in the past i would seriously consider using 2 overseas places on players there for next year and as i have said before i would off load Johnson and Hodgson. I do think we will sign Vagana and i would also like to see Talau although i dont think this will happen. hink Aspinwall has a lot of potential and Vagana would be an ideal teacher as they have simillar styles. I would consider also bringing in Hughes as he has been a consistent performer over the last few years botrh at wing and centre.
feeona

Re: Re: Re: Centre for Wigan ?

Post by feeona »

Yes they have been disappointing this season. I think Carney has such potential to go racing down field but hodgson doesnt pass the ball to him?!!
Anway i think we need big strong centres to break the line and then feed to the wingers who have seen very little action this year.
Is Vagana a good centre? I've never heard of him
pk

Re: Centre for Wigan ?

Post by pk »

i think hughes is the centre with the most potential in SL, although koe love could be dynamite for us.
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Centre for Wigan ?

Post by wolftown warrior »

would like to see koe love in a wigan shirt...

rugbynelly

Re: Re: Re: Re: Centre for Wig...

Post by rugbynelly »

Is Vagana a good centre? I've never heard of him

not hearing a vagana, that throws me away completely!!
do u fully rugby league as a sport or just wigan.
Vagana plays in the NRL for canterbury bulldogs and in the 2001-2002 season was the leading try scorer, he's a strong centre with lots of pace and a good set of hands to.
theres only 1 team in wigan
jackman88

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Centre for...

Post by jackman88 »

Am i the only one who thinks that johnson is a good centre. I think we should keep him at centre and bring in vagana to go along side him. You could then get rid of dallas and ainscough and put hodgson on the wing.
AJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Centre...

Post by AJ »

yes you are the only one

johnson is not a good centre, his handling is atrocious, he couldnt pass a match winning ball to a wing man if his life depended on it, the man is a second rower, who isnt quite good enough to make that position his own either!

men for a centre position next year that would show what real centre play is all about

vagana
or the man we shoudl all want @ wigan
MATT GIDLEY, that man would send brian flying down the wings for plenty of tries

why sack ainscough though, its not like we have a wingamn repleacemnt for him

and also its worrying maurice thinks we need a centre so therefore we shall have

THATS RAPERS JOB, KEEP YA DAMMED NOSE OUT MAURICE!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
warriorjon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Centre for Wig...

Post by warriorjon »

At the moment Vagana is probably the most complete centre in world rugby, his deffence is excellent but the main attribute is his attack he is a born try scorer and puts the ball over the line for fun. Mat Gidley is a class act but his defence can be a little suspect at times and his flick passes when they do come off are spectacullar but quite often the ball rolls into touch or dont come off. If we wernt able to get Vagana though think he should be the next target but i have a funny feeling that Vagana is as good as a Wigan player.