Hock to Parramatta?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Hock to Parramatta?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:What has warranted a Squad Number change and a push at a transfer from SW and IL? CP?
All speculation.
Very true, so far!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:What has warranted a Squad Number change and a push at a transfer from SW and IL? CP?
All speculation.
http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news

Jules

Post by Jules »

Well now that it is official, it will be interesting to see how Hock reacts.
Two choices, train like never before and make it clear to SW that you are the first choice in the pack.
Or take your toys home and sulk.
Now Liam will be out to prove SW right, its up to Hock to prove him wrong.

I like Hughes in the center though, gives me more confidence in the new season.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Interestingly, nobody has mentioned Prescott's demotion! Unless Preccy puts in more game time this season then he probably won't be offered a new contract. I for one hope he does, on both counts, as we have a far better pack when he is playing.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jobo

Post by jobo »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Interestingly, nobody has mentioned Prescott's demotion! Unless Preccy puts in more game time this season then he probably won't be offered a new contract. I for one hope he does, on both counts, as we have a far better pack when he is playing.
Agree with you there. Think his future does rely on him staying reasonably injury free.

I'm surprised Hughes has got the nod at left centre though. Maybe Thornley isn't cutting the mustard.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Maybe it is the opposite to what is being suggested. Rather than Hock and Thornley needing to lift their game it is an incentive for Hughes and Farrell to lift theirs. I'll give you the chance prove you are worth it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

jobo wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Interestingly, nobody has mentioned Prescott's demotion! Unless Preccy puts in more game time this season then he probably won't be offered a new contract. I for one hope he does, on both counts, as we have a far better pack when he is playing.
Agree with you there. Think his future does rely on him staying reasonably injury free.

I'm surprised Hughes has got the nod at left centre though. Maybe Thornley isn't cutting the mustard.
Jack will become an international if he plays in the backrow. If Waney continually plays him at centre then I don't think he will fulfill his potential. Thornley will get his chance at centre as will Gelling.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
jobo wrote:

Jack will become an international if he plays in the backrow. If Waney continually plays him at centre then I don't think he will fulfill his potential. Thornley will get his chance at centre as will Gelling.
I am with you with that one. Hughes looks very comfortable in the back row.

This has the Joel Tomkins switch to centre written all over it. We have not got a genuine centre so we play a back row forward there instead. Not only does this mean we lack a genuine centre in the position but we miss out on a very good back row forward playing where he should.

History is repeating itself.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I may be against the grain here but I think Hughes will make a better centre than 2nd rower.
shaunedwardsfanclub

29wes28 wrote:I may be against the grain here but I think Hughes will make a better centre than 2nd rower.
Why Wes?