Hock to Parramatta?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Ron Doran

Re: Hock to Parramatta?

Post by Ron Doran »

TrueBlueWarrior - And in English that means?....
E.& O.E.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I don't think you need it explaining Ron!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

29wes28 wrote:Just from what I have seen of him in both positions, IMO he can play both well.

2nd row - very good defensively, solid in attack, good pace but lacks size for a dominant 2nd rower.

Centre - very good defensively, solid in defence, quick feet with good pace and has the ability to beat a man 1 on 1 out wide, has good passing ability and a very safe option.

I don't want to see him bulk up either as this has effects on pace and agility, IMO Thornley could have more of an X factor in the centre spot however I don't think he would be as consistent only a hunch though.

Not sure what side Thornley favours at centre, Daz had a very good season last year but when Pat returned him and Josh got less ball so where less effective.

IMO we have a very good and exciting squad for next year and I can't wait for feb, I think we could do with signing 1 old head just to give some experience as at the moment we have a very young squad, that is my only concern.
Fair comment. About his size, he is as big as Hock!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wes

Post by Wes »

Really? Same kind of bulk? Hock looks a lot beefier to me, Hughes may be as tall but looks slender.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

29wes28 wrote:Really? Same kind of bulk? Hock looks a lot beefier to me, Hughes may be as tall but looks slender.
Hughes has very big powerful legs. Huge thighs, Meninga like (obviously not as big as Mal). IMO a 2nd rower!

Hocky is raw boned and for whatever reason you connect with his elbows / knewes etc when tackling him.
shaunedwardsfanclub

cpwigan wrote:
29wes28 wrote:Really? Same kind of bulk? Hock looks a lot beefier to me, Hughes may be as tall but looks slender.
Hughes has very big powerful legs. Huge thighs, Meninga like (obviously not as big as Mal). IMO a 2nd rower!

Hocky is raw boned and for whatever reason you connect with his elbows / knewes etc when tackling him.
Why have we got an obsession with making top qulaity forwards into centres?

I believe that the plan was for Hughes to take over from Hock but that is unlikely to happen in 2013 hence the reason for a change in plan - Hughes to centre.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Time for the rumours to reignite now Paramatta have a lot of money to burn again:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2alzz.html
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Shaun1967 wrote:Time for the rumours to reignite now Paramatta have a lot of money to burn again:

Not really!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2aj6p.html

Clearly reads that they "hope" to sign him in 2014
PARRAMATTA members have been told the club is hopeful of finalising a deal with Israel Folau soon, and were still looking to sign English forward Gareth Hock in 2014 along with a leading front-rower, believed to be North Queensland's James Tamou.
Eels coach Ricky Stuart, recruitment manager Peter Nolan and chief executive Ken Edwards addressed a gathering of about 250 members on Thursday night after an open training session at Parramatta Stadium and outlined their plans for the future.
Of immediate interest was the saga over Folau's signing, which has now dragged on for a month since he requested a release from the AFL to return to the NRL but is yet to be resolved due to salary-cap issues.
The Eels had also been close to a deal with Hock and members were advised he may join the club in 2014, but would be staying put with Wigan next season. Also on Parramatta's radar for 2014 is a big-name prop and Tamou has been linked with a move from the Cowboys due to his links with Stuart, who gave him his Origin debut this season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2DlrCdVIW
I call it clutching at straws :wink: I highlighted the more "important" words ie the descriptive ones that make this nothing but another rumour (but this time from Aus) in time for the EGM in a few days time
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
shaunedwardsfanclub

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Shaun1967 wrote:Time for the rumours to reignite now Paramatta have a lot of money to burn again:

Not really!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2aj6p.html

Clearly reads that they "hope" to sign him in 2014
PARRAMATTA members have been told the club is hopeful of finalising a deal with Israel Folau soon, and were still looking to sign English forward Gareth Hock in 2014 along with a leading front-rower, believed to be North Queensland's James Tamou.
Eels coach Ricky Stuart, recruitment manager Peter Nolan and chief executive Ken Edwards addressed a gathering of about 250 members on Thursday night after an open training session at Parramatta Stadium and outlined their plans for the future.
Of immediate interest was the saga over Folau's signing, which has now dragged on for a month since he requested a release from the AFL to return to the NRL but is yet to be resolved due to salary-cap issues.
The Eels had also been close to a deal with Hock and members were advised he may join the club in 2014, but would be staying put with Wigan next season. Also on Parramatta's radar for 2014 is a big-name prop and Tamou has been linked with a move from the Cowboys due to his links with Stuart, who gave him his Origin debut this season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2DlrCdVIW
I call it clutching at straws :wink: I highlighted the more "important" words ie the descriptive ones that make this nothing but another rumour (but this time from Aus) in time for the EGM in a few days time
His days are numbered, I have 10 bob that says he won't see out his contract with Wigan.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
I see we agree then. :wink:
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS