Ban the shoulder charge?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ron Doran

Re: Ban the shoulder charge?

Post by Ron Doran »

The Oz players don't seem too happy about it...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 29o5r.html
E.& O.E.
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

I think the decision should be passed on to the players across all the leagues. I also think it should stay. Next thing is they'll introduce shoulder pads and helmets.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Garry Riley - I've heard, casually, that 'Tackleometers' are being produced in China for import.
E.& O.E.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Our game is going as soft as football!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Our game is going as soft as football!
:eusa2: :eusa2: Then we'll all be moaning about the softies playing our great sport.

Stop ruining our game, it's a 'MANS' game & not for for the likes of the 'pansy potters' playing football.

As long as the technique & the connection is right, there shouldn't be a problem.

All IMO of course :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

And another view from an 'expert'...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=10849832
E.& O.E.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thomas Leuluai wasn't too bad an exponent of a very good shoulder charge/tackle either :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the_Warrior_in_Brum

Post by the_Warrior_in_Brum »

Yes I agree, of course the shoulder charge should be banned, and ban long boot places which could whip round and cause terrible wheel injuries to someone’s shin, I really think that long hair should be also banned for the same reason. Players who are bigger than other players should be banned, leagues should be arranges like boxing so that players are only allowed to play in same weight categories. Tackles should be organised so that there is no unexpected contact which might catch the player off guard and cause shock or surprise, before contact tacklers should gently touch the opponent, wait for a moment or two till everyone is ready and then both players should fall to ground and whoever falls first should be awarded a penalty against. It should be made compulsory that every player must undergo a complete manicure before the game to prevent scratch harm to others from nasty rough finger nails, a pedicure is also advised to prevent self harm. I am not happy about the amount of chaffing caused by rough shorts and shirt materials a complete dusting with talcum powder should be made compulsory too. You May think my comments to be cynical but I tell you one time after a game when temperatures were down to the teens we were subject to having to shower without gel, an experience I do not want to repeat and nor should any other rugby league player.
THERE ARE TWO SECRETS TO GREAT WEALTH AND SUCCESS
FIRSTLY DON’T TELL ANYBODY EVERYTHING YOU KNOW…..
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

What next, padding like the pansies game of American Football?
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

E.& O.E.