Sir Sinfield.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Ron Doran

Sir Sinfield.

Post by Ron Doran »

E.& O.E.
josie andrews

Re: Sir Sinfield.

Post by josie andrews »

FFS!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

josie andrews - What is that?
E.& O.E.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ron Doran wrote:josie andrews - What is that?
Ron, if you want to reply to a certain poster's post, just use the quote button at the bottom right hand side of the post to reply, you don't then have to put their name at start of your reply & it includes the original post.

I cannot post what it actually means just use your imagination!! The first word is "For" the last word is "Sake"
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I've no problem with Sinfield getting an MBE or OBE, there are already quite a few of them floating about in RL circles. However, the very thought of him receiving a knighthood is nothing short of delusional and is, IMO, derisory to some that already have them.

I mean, SIR Kev Sinfield, FFS!!! He's no more deserving than any other great servants to our great game. :angry: :angry:

Does McDermott come out with these things to intentionally make himself look like a buffoon, or is it just a natural gift? :angry:

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Well i have a problem with Sinfield getting an MBE or any other such decoration.He is without doubt the most overrated player for many years,he has been tried at international level in various positions and never been able to hold down a place.Neither has he been in the running for MOS either when it was chosen by the Sports journalists or recently by the players themselves.He is an excellent place kicker, and a decent kicker out of hand.He is too slow for a 6 or 7,not defensively strong enough for a 13 and certainly wont improve at 32 years old.If it was not for the clowns on Sky giving him praise because he is a nice guy and a good role model for youngsters, and Stevo in particular who gives him MOM just for turning up he would be considered just another player that has given decent service to his club.
OJ

Post by OJ »

josie andrews wrote:The first word is "For" the last word is "Sake"
:D

As for Barrie Mac what a strange idea, think he must have been on the vino collapso
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

old hooker wrote:Well i have a problem with Sinfield getting an MBE or any other such decoration.He is without doubt the most overrated player for many years,he has been tried at international level in various positions and never been able to hold down a place.Neither has he been in the running for MOS either when it was chosen by the Sports journalists or recently by the players themselves.He is an excellent place kicker, and a decent kicker out of hand.He is too slow for a 6 or 7,not defensively strong enough for a 13 and certainly wont improve at 32 years old.If it was not for the clowns on Sky giving him praise because he is a nice guy and a good role model for youngsters, and Stevo in particular who gives him MOM just for turning up he would be considered just another player that has given decent service to his club.
:eusa2: :eusa2:
Good post & true IMO of course :wink:
markill

Post by markill »

josie andrews wrote:
old hooker wrote:Well i have a problem with Sinfield getting an MBE or any other such decoration.He is without doubt the most overrated player for many years,he has been tried at international level in various positions and never been able to hold down a place.Neither has he been in the running for MOS either when it was chosen by the Sports journalists or recently by the players themselves.He is an excellent place kicker, and a decent kicker out of hand.He is too slow for a 6 or 7,not defensively strong enough for a 13 and certainly wont improve at 32 years old.If it was not for the clowns on Sky giving him praise because he is a nice guy and a good role model for youngsters, and Stevo in particular who gives him MOM just for turning up he would be considered just another player that has given decent service to his club.
:eusa2: :eusa2:
Good post & true IMO of course :wink:
I had to hold back from posting something similar yesterday because i couldn't write about this without swearing.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
phild1

Post by phild1 »

well barrie Mc has made one hell of a statement re.kev sinfield he is a good skipper for leeds a good goal getter but not the complete player.he has never set the international scene alight in my view.in my 76 years i have had the privilege of seeing some of the greats in our game.if i start the list you might be able to add afew names your self .willy horne BARROW phil jackson BARROW frank castle BARROW ken gee WIGAN billy boston wigan dick hudart ST HELENS viny karalius ST HELENS AND THE LIST GOES ON.kev sinfield isn't in the same class.if sinfield gets an honour im up for one for my contribution to CROWN GREEN BOWLS. :eh: