wigan in crisis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lockers15

wigan in crisis

Post by Lockers15 »

there is no point hiding it, we all know it, we are in a deep crisis :eusa1:
there is only 1 way out in my opinion ... we get rougher and toucher and more ceniving
(if thats how you spell it) getting penalties on the sly, quick simple but effective plays!
mike binder

Re: wigan in crisis

Post by mike binder »

:( and give penalties away refs dont need an excuse to penalise us so lets not give them help :sly:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

we need to get alot rougher. teams will enjoy playing against us unless we make them gain hard yards. only botham and scully had any real aggression in them last night. even newton was subdued but i think this was due to injury
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Are you lot having a laugh?

Who to get tougher?
You can knock our forwards over with a damp Beano!
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

Doveoverdave posted:
Are you lot having a laugh?

Who to get tougher?
You can knock our forwards over with a damp Beano!
wel jerry was fiery at the start of the season but seems to have calmed down now, we need him back to his angry self. terrys never rough anymore and scully can do more than just wack people with his forearm
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

all jerry,s doing at the moment is slapping players when he should be burying them
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Jerry took out players for fun yesterday, i dont know whether it was frustration or stupidity, but even after he'd been put on report he took some players out.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Lockers15 posted:
there is only 1 way out in my opinion ... we get rougher and toucher and more ceniving
(if thats how you spell it) getting penalties on the sly, quick simple but effective plays!
Rougher means conceeding more penalties, not winning them. The 2nd half yesterday saw us have so little possession it was unreal, you can't score if you don't have the ball and you don't get the ball if you're being penalised all the time for playing dirty. I don't think there is such a thing as getting penalties on the sly, it's very rare for it to work when players try it and with a video ref it would backfire as the video ref would call against us even if the officials pitchside missed things.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

Fraggle posted:
Lockers15 posted:
Rougher means conceeding more penalties, not winning them. The 2nd half yesterday saw us have so little possession it was unreal, you can't score if you don't have the ball and you don't get the ball if you're being penalised all the time for playing dirty. I don't think there is such a thing as getting penalties on the sly, it's very rare for it to work when players try it and with a video ref it would backfire as the video ref would call against us even if the officials pitchside missed things.
why are you always negative? I dont think ive ever seen u make a positive comment about wigan on here
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Lockers15 posted:
Fraggle posted:
Lockers15 posted:
why are you always negative? I dont think ive ever seen u make a positive comment about wigan on here
You've got a lot of messages to read then. I just get frustrated with these claims that one thing, be it changing the coach or bringing in one player, or even keeping one player on for 80 minutes, is going to change things. There is a lot more at fault at the moment than a simple fix can solve.

As for being negative - you can't deny we had no possession yesterday, that's not being negative it's just the truth. Seuseu was being aggressive for little gain and being penalised, and if he gets banned we're even further reduced for next week. As for the "sly penalties", one thing I've always liked about Wigan is that generally we play much more fairly and to the rules than some other teams, it makes the sport more interesting to watch skillful players rather than cheats. It's worked well for us in the past, and I don't see why we should changed that approach because it doesn't work. Leeds were always considered a dirty team, and what did they win? Nothing until they cleaned up their act.

A change of mentality throughout the club is needed, with the Chairman having to take responsibility for poor dealings in terms of player recruitment and release being top of the heap. If I'm seen as negative, it's because I see lots of things being done badly that I know could and should have been done differently, and it's frustrating. The coach and chairman have both said there's nothing that can be done this year, and that's hardly going to inspire confidence in anyone.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]