Hock Joins Widnes Vikings on Season Loan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: Hock Joins Widnes Vikings on Season Loan

Post by Matthew »

Then say what really happened...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

cp, it would seem pretty evident to me you know more about this matter than is being portrayed publicly. I would out of respect not ask you to explain fully what has gone on but in the same vein would suggest you keep your head below the trench top on this subject in order not to create any more "vibes". It may be you have written too much already!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thomo

Post by thomo »

Whatever has happened has now gone - Gaz Hock will not play for Wigan in season that starts in less than 2 weeks:

We have a massive hole in the second row/pack to fill and a massive chunk of salary cap available (if his contract was renewed twice he must be on some big money)

We now need a new second rower - a big strong enforcer type of player and we need it asap - cos Farrel & Tuson along with HH are not threatening the opposition.

Need to get someone in asap
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

cpwigan wrote:Take what is said with a pinch of salt even by IL. There is so much more to this than has been said.
Hock has always been your love child. He's an arse, always has been always will be. The club should have sacked him for good when he fouled up last time.How anyone can defend him beggars belief.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

cpwigan wrote:Unfortunately Dave you know nothing about what actually happened. The statement is 'wallpaper' over cracks. Hock has gone BUT the cause of those cracks remains.
Smoke and mirrors again you really are full of BS
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Doveoverdave wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Unfortunately Dave you know nothing about what actually happened. The statement is 'wallpaper' over cracks. Hock has gone BUT the cause of those cracks remains.
:lol: Look what emerges

Odd isn't it for such a well run club to have Feka, Gleeson, Hock and that are just the ones that went public. Far fewer at other top clubs.

Wes

Post by Wes »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: He won't. A statement like this will have been agreed with both parties!
Hock agree to that? Are you kidding? He has really been painted as a bad'un by that.
He certainly has Dave, but maybe he had little choice. Read CPs comment. I think there may be a 3rd pary involved who's name shall not be mentioned. Leastways, not by me!
Lol I see you have heard too Stuey, not great is it.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

cpwigan wrote:
Doveoverdave wrote:
:lol: Look what emerges

Odd isn't it for such a well run club to have Feka, Gleeson, Hock and that are just the ones that went public. Far fewer at other top clubs.
Hmmmmm.
Two druggies and a bloke never fit eniugh to play the sport.
Mind you some on here called him a legend!
Went to Salford and was never heard of again.
With a bit of luck the same will happen to Hock when he is not surrounded by the same quality of player.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I am quite prepared to believe the statement is quite cleverly and deliberately worded in some respects.

For example it mentions him asking for pay rises as if this is a no-no but makes no mention of what wages he was on when he did. It would not be unreasonable to ask for a pay rise if he was on a very low wage. Now the fact he asked for a pay rise is being used against him.

There is a great deal in that press release about what he did and these things must be true or Hock could sue.

Despite that, what there isn't is much in there about why he did these things.

I am sure the club would like us to think it is because he is an ungrateful git and without anything to suggest otherwise i.e. Hock's side of the story what other conclusions are the fans to draw?

Those like you who say there is more too it won't tell and Hock hasn't said anything either. There is only one version of events and until there is another then Hock has to be seen as the guilty party.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

The old adage is that one tale is good until the other one is told. I have come across innumerable employees' who have told me that their employers' are bad people, no morals, rip them off, refused to carry out some duty or other, etc etc. The fact remains that there are always two sides to every story, and the other side are always just as convinced that they are in 'the right'.

For me there are a number of facts that I think we can all agree on, and for these reasons I can see why the club considers it has gone far enough.

1.Hock got banned for drugs and Wigan threw him a bone.
2. A short while after his comeback he got banned for gouging.
3.Since his comeback he has managed to run up a very high penalty count and get sent off.
4. He is always a prime candidate to get himself into bother.

I have some difficulty with posting which say Hock is a wronged party, 'but I can't say why'. I'm with DaveO; in the absence of any credible tale from the other side, what else can we believe other than his demands are just too much.