Wire match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

Wire match

Post by superleague »

Listening on radio and sounds like a game of mistakes, penalties especially not playing ball properly. Another thing sounds like our kicking is poor, and our pack is being bullied and dominated.
Kittwazzer

Re: Wire match

Post by Kittwazzer »

Followed Bilko on Twitter. He wasn't impressed!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Oh dear, we've been nilled
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Nobbylad

Post by Nobbylad »

Can anyone enlighten me as to what happened?? Or do I not want to hear?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Didn't think it was that convincing to say they had a full strength team out & 75% of ours was young lads.

I thought the lads didn't do too bad defensively considering.

The penultimate try was right in front of us & Hodgson dropped it. The final try was about a yard forward. Even the stewards were saying the same as us regarding the tries in the second half!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nobbylad

Post by Nobbylad »

Thanks for that. Sounds like there's a lot to work on before we meet them again!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:Didn't think it was that convincing to say they had a full strength team out & 75% of ours was young lads.
The worrying thing is that this could become our mantra for the whole season! :blush:
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Didn't think it was that convincing to say they had a full strength team out & 75% of ours was young lads.
The worrying thing is that this could become our mantra for the whole season! :blush:

Why?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Surely the crux is - either we are worryingly bad or the team picked was so unbalanced that the whole escapade was pointless (no pun intended). What's the point of having pre-season matches if we don't put a side together that is likely to play together to get game time experience?

It won't help young players to be sent out against a full-strength side - get nilled and be judged on that.

And should we be worried that Sam hasn't had a minute on the pitch before the season begins.

I can't recall a more bizarre pre-season in recent history.