Gelling in limbo

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Gelling in limbo

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Have to agree with you mark complete madness.This must just boil down to who actually pays his wages if on loan in effect he is employed and paid by that club even though Wigan hold his registration papers IMO.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

markill wrote:I thought sporting visas were given so that a player could play the sport over here, not tied to a particular club to the extent you're saying. If he is dual registered, he'll still be an employee of Wigan and will be playing for another team on Wigan's behalf in theory?? The system is poor if a rugby player is given a visa because he is employed to play rugby and under that contract of employment he plays rugby.
Is there such a thing as a 'sporting visa'? I understand it to be a working visa for which the application would require exact details of what he will be doing and for whom!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Always thought of him as a Cameron Phelps-type player... just an aussie over here
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ancientnloyal wrote:Always thought of him as a Cameron Phelps-type player... just an aussie over here
Still over here by all accounts. Playing at Widnes!
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Kittwazzer wrote:
southernpie wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
IIRC, this has been the problem for Rangi Chase. He has a visa to play for Cas. To move to a new club would need a new visa which it seems unlikely to get in his new status of 'undesirable alien'!
But is eligible to play for England, no wonder our game is a laughing stock at times :conf: :blush: :doz:
I'd say OUR game is squeaky clean by comparison. We applauded BRITISH boxer Joe Bugner who was Hungarian. Zola Budd was South African. Greg Rudetski was Canadian. And they were all shite!

Fred Perry is the last true British champion I can come up with at short notice!
My main point was Chase is an undesirable alien who can only stay in this country under the terms of his current visa. If he wants to change the terms of his visa it would be refused because of his status as undesirable alien. Yet he is still eligible to play for England because he has been playing and living here for a specified amount of time, even though trapped by the terms of his visa and his status. It makes our game a laughing stock at times such as this when our national coaching team are looking at undesirable aliens to play for our national team.

I don't think any of the foreigners you quoted were undesirable aliens, and I'm sure we could all name aliens that have been cheered as British stars, off the top of my head, Lennox Lewis and Linford Christie, half the English Cricket team through the seventies and eighties, and as for Yawnion Henry Paul and Manu Tuilagi spring to mind

True British Champions: Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Barry Sheene, Andy Murray, Virginia Wade, Nick Faldo, Stephen Hendry, Steve Davies, Phill Taylor, Peter Scudamore, Ricky Hatton,
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I never suggested those foreigners were undesirable aliens, just that they were accepted as 'British' when it suited Britain's sporting bodies.

And I don't agree with any of it!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

True British champs we are not that bad..... Wiggins and Rory Mcilroy are two of the biggest names in sport and both at the very top, the olympics went ok Jason Kenny and Laura Trott are the best track cyclists Will Hoy nevermind the rowers (Redgrave) sailors ,(Ainsley) god the lists goes on and on.We have had some great champions of our own Hanley, Robinson,Ward ect would have graced any Rugby team thats without athletics Coe Cram Ovette Edwards Jackson all world record holders :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Kittwazzer wrote:I never suggested those foreigners were undesirable aliens, just that they were accepted as 'British' when it suited Britain's sporting bodies.

But that was my original point, the fact Chase is an undesirable alien makes our sport ridiculed when he is wanted to play for our national team.

I agree with you, there are too many foreigners touted as "British" when it suits, and that our sport is not anywhere near as bad as others.

Your comment about Fred Perry being the last British Champion was a bit silly :doz: :wink:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

southernpie - Can't fault your post Sir/Marm
E.& O.E.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

southernpie wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:I never suggested those foreigners were undesirable aliens, just that they were accepted as 'British' when it suited Britain's sporting bodies.

But that was my original point, the fact Chase is an undesirable alien makes our sport ridiculed when he is wanted to play for our national team.

I agree with you, there are too many foreigners touted as "British" when it suits, and that our sport is not anywhere near as bad as others.

Your comment about Fred Perry being the last British Champion was a bit silly :doz: :wink:
No sillier than claiming Bradley Wiggins as a Brit when he was born in Belgium!

As for Stephen Redgrave, not exactly a sport open to all is it?

Where are our Alis, Peles,Federers?