Hull FC's Tom Briscoe heading to Cronulla Sharks for 2014 NRL campaign

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hull FC's Tom Briscoe heading to Cronulla Sharks for 2014 NRL campaign

Post by josie andrews »

HULL FC winger Tom Briscoe is heading to the Cronulla Sharks for the 2014 season, the Mail understands.
The 22-year-old has long been linked with a move Down Under at the end of this campaign, when his current Hull contract expires.

Gold Coast Titans and the Sharks have been the two clubs repeatedly touted as the possible destinations for the ambitious England winger, who has never hidden his desire to play in the NRL.
Briscoe has indicated his intention to announce where he will play his rugby next season before the start of the new NRL campaign, which begins on March 7.

And sources have told the Mail that announcement will be to confirm he has turned down the offer of a new three-year deal at Hull in favour of joining Cronulla.
When contacted by the Mail, the Sharks' football manager David Mooney would not deny a deal had been agreed.
Instead, he said it was the club's policy not to comment on speculation, or the recruitment of players, saying the club would only comment when deals are announced.
Hull FC have repeatedly stressed that they have done all in their power to keep Briscoe at the KC Stadium beyond this season.
Owner Adam Pearson revealed the club had offered him a 'huge' three-year deal, but admitted at a recent fans forum that the decision was entirely in the player's hands, and that should he move on, he would leave 'with the club's best wishes'.
Despite continuing links with his club, Gold Coast Titans chief executive David May has confirmed to the Mail that Briscoe will not be joining them.
"I've seen the speculation and reports linking us, and although I admire Tom as a player, we have not spoken to him or his agent and he will not be coming here," he said.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... K9i2p7xa
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Hull FC's Tom Briscoe heading to Cronulla Sharks for 2014 NRL...

Post by Kittwazzer »

I reckoned his form dropped last season after speculation began. If NRL want to poach a winger, Ryan Hall would be my target!
thomo

Post by thomo »

but is hall not under contract and Brisco out of contract

hang on - what do contract mean again in rugby league?
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Kittwazzer wrote:I reckoned his form dropped last season after speculation began. If NRL want to poach a winger, Ryan Hall would be my target!
Briscoes form dropped when he was put at full back. He looked dreadful in that position