Graham signs for Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Pedro the Exile

Graham signs for Leeds

Post by Pedro the Exile »

Any truth in the rumour that Nick Graham signed for Leeds before Fridays match!It certainly looked like it.
Also,any chance of our boys getting their act together on the defensive front-defending as a team would be a start.
What's going on-granted we didn't have the best of luck with injuries but surely Raper is asking for trouble when he goes into a game like this with big fitness worries over Newton(virus)Sculthorpe(shoulder)Dallas(hamstring).
In addition,it looks to me that Faz is not quite right...is there something we should know.
Totally depressed-never mind Saints only scraped a draw & the Bulls got tonked so it's not all bad.
Vicki

Re: Graham signs for Leeds

Post by Vicki »

That's news to me. Actually, I should say that's 'vicious rumour' to me as I'd suggest that's exactly what it is. Would be a particularly bad move on his part if he did, having only been with us for a month. Nick has said how much he likes it at Wigan and I understand he's after a more permanent contract at the end of the season. Fingers crossed, I think he's great.
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Graham isn't ready for the Wigan Retirement Home (based in Leeds) just yet. I thought he was one of the better players on Friday. Fair enough there were a couple of errors, but certainly not that bad in the grand scheme of things.
AJ

Re: Re: Graham signs for Leeds

Post by AJ »

vicki & elli, i think you missed the sarcasm in pedro's post, all he was doing was having a dig at nick graham!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Pedro the Exile

Re: Re: Re: Graham signs for L...

Post by Pedro the Exile »

AJ posted:
vicki & elli, i think you missed the sarcasm in pedro's post, all he was doing was having a dig at nick graham!
Aaahhh...so irony is not totally lost!I was impressed with Graham in his first few matches but the big(& unforgiveable)criticism of him against Leeds is that he played for himself,not the team.
Did you see the look that Newton gave him after he came flying out of the defensive line to gift Leeds a try.Hope he doesn't try it again otherwise our Terry is likely to retire him prematurely.
Vicki

Re: Re: Re: Re: Graham signs f...

Post by Vicki »

That'll teach me for only reading the first two lines of a post...oops, ha ha!

Anyway, Nick Graham is great so I have to disagree with Pedro on this one. He plays totally all-out for the team, I think he is one of the least selfsh players in the team. Look at the way he's always looking around the pitch and following directions. Everyone makes mistakes, but even then he seems to make fewer than a fair few others. All hail Nick Graham, thanks Sharkies!
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I have to agree with Vicki. Graham was one of the better players (in my opinion) against Leeds. He offered solid support, but I think everyone is a little off with him at the moment as we have lost a game (massive crime that it is), he's the new guy in town and he is ginger!
John M

Re: Re: Graham signs for Leeds

Post by John M »

Nick Graham is a true team player who made one mistake in defence and a couple of very rare handling errors that he will probrably never make again all year.Proof that he is a team player is evident for all to see by the way he is always the one to chase the ball at the marker defence
Ive said it before that hes the best marker defender ive ever seen in a Wigan jersey.Our ruck play has tightened up to no end since he arrived.In the first half V Leeds he along with Scully and Briscoe had Leeds in all sorts of trouble.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
Vicki

Re: Re: Re: Graham signs for L...

Post by Vicki »

Ellie - there's nothing wrong with being ginger, just ask any of us Rads fans.... in fact, it's positively an advantage!