kit

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior1989

kit

Post by warrior1989 »

I don't know if any one else picked up on it or if it was just me but watching that game saturday I thought wigan look odd and I couldn't think why it was only after I realised they where playing in white shorts and this seasons shorts are red. Does anyone know why they wore white shorts ?
Aaron C. Rescue

Re: kit

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

warrior1989 wrote:I don't know if any one else picked up on it or if it was just me but watching that game saturday I thought wigan look odd and I couldn't think why it was only after I realised they where playing in white shorts and this seasons shorts are red. Does anyone know why they wore white shorts ?

Simple, we were told too by the RFL as dictated by the kit directive,we will be wearing them again against Leeds at the 'Magic Weekend'.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
warrior1989 wrote:I don't know if any one else picked up on it or if it was just me but watching that game saturday I thought wigan look odd and I couldn't think why it was only after I realised they where playing in white shorts and this seasons shorts are red. Does anyone know why they wore white shorts ?

Simple, we were told too by the RFL as dictated by the kit directive,we will be wearing them again against Leeds at the 'Magic Weekend'.
What kit directive? I know the idiots at Red Hall decide wether a team wears it's home or away strip and at which games, but didn't think they could make a team change strip. If that's the case they could make us play in a white shirt with a big red vee on the front. :wink:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:

What kit directive? I know the idiots at Red Hall decide wether a team wears it's home or away strip and at which games, but didn't think they could make a team change strip. If thatalternative white shorts for the Widnes game's the case they could make us play in a white shirt with a big red vee on the front. :wink:

Before the season begins all clubs submit a kit(home & away) that they intend to use that year for approval by the RFL, we registered ours with primarily red shorts with an alternative of white if required, the RFL then issue all clubs with a 'kit directive' that has every fixture on with instructions as to what colours you will wear in that game, we were instructed to wear the white shorts in the Widnes match, we are not going to wear them again until the game v Leeds in Manchester. I believe you can get a copy of the directive on the official RFL site.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
What kit directive? I know the idiots at Red Hall decide wether a team wears it's home or away strip and at which games, but didn't think they could make a team change strip. If thatalternative white shorts for the Widnes game's the case they could make us play in a white shirt with a big red vee on the front. :wink:

Before the season begins all clubs submit a kit(home & away) that they intend to use that year for approval by the RFL, we registered ours with primarily red shorts with an alternative of white if required, the RFL then issue all clubs with a 'kit directive' that has every fixture on with instructions as to what colours you will wear in that game, we were instructed to wear the white shorts in the Widnes match, we are not going to wear them again until the game v Leeds in Manchester. I believe you can get a copy of the directive on the official RFL site.

Thanks for that. It seems a bit extreme, but I suppose the RFL bureaucrats have to give themselves something to do.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Aaron C. Rescue - must admit that I was a bit dubious about this 'directive', but, thanks, you have cleared that up.
E.& O.E.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

exile in Tiger country wrote:[Thanks for that. It seems a bit extreme, but I suppose the RFL bureaucrats have to give themselves something to do.
Absolutely. Once you get your nose in the trough you do everything you can to make sure it stays there. Wonder if the man in charge gets a 'Kit Monitor' badge that he can take home and show his mum?