sam t

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
upandunder1

sam t

Post by upandunder1 »

Is this the last season that sam cant talk to other clubs about going elsewhere?? Had it on good authority that his papers are signed for another super league club for next year!! find it hard to believe but i thought he had another year left before he could talk to other employers?!
Kittwazzer

Re: sam t

Post by Kittwazzer »

He does. He signed his last contract in November 2011 which prevents him talking to anyone for 3 years. Still can't see him joining another SL club at any point!
upandunder1

Post by upandunder1 »

thats what i thought! i would like to think that when he does leave he would try his hand in australia! but the rumour came from someone in the know!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Did your guy say which club?
Gezza48

Post by Gezza48 »

Everybody on here thinks they are in the know !! A massive transfer fee payable if Sam goes anywhere before the end of 2014 season.
upandunder1

Post by upandunder1 »

Salford!! Apparently Mr Koucash (like what i did there) is tapping a few 'top' players up!! Josh was also mentioned too. How he will do it under the cap i dont know?!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Gezza48 wrote:Everybody on here thinks they are in the know !! A massive transfer fee payable if Sam goes anywhere before the end of 2014 season.
2016. It was a five year contract. The last 2 years don't say he can go for nothing!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whomever wants to tempt Sam will need plenty of cash. He is the highest paid player at Wigan.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Whomever wants to tempt Sam will need plenty of cash. He is the highest paid player at Wigan.
Highest paid in Super League and its unlikely he would retain his other income streams as a Salford or Widnes player!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Why do we keep going over same ground regarding Sam. His he will he won't he saga.Facts are he is contracted to Wigan till Nov 2016.Already stated he will never play for another english sl club.has a desire to try abroad or union in future.Why would Wigan let him go to another sl club not half way through is contract when he is far and behond sl best money maker is brand name alone pays for his salary.So even if Wigan let him go with only 12 months left on his contract and union or aussie club come in it will still cost them a kings ransom and be a nice little pay day for both club and Sam.All this said if the rfl want to promote our game to anothr level they need to take there heads out of there behinds and start some sort of central contract system to stop the drain of international talent turning to union been done before with far less talent.