April Fool's Joke?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

April Fool's Joke?

Post by Kittwazzer »

http://www.leaguefreak.com/exclusive-j ... ours-3989/

Former New South Wales and Canberra Raiders fullback Josh Dugan will be playing for St Helens, possibly as soon as next weekend, after contract talks with the Brisbane Broncos broke down on Sunday.

Dugan, who was recently sacked by the Canberra Raiders, became embroiled in an argument with Raiders fans on social media on Saturday night and it has all but seen his prospects of playing in the NRL in 2013 vanish.

Dugan will sign a contract for the remainder of the 2013 Super League season with an option, in his favour, for season 2014. This option is a risk for St Helens as they are expected to try and lure jamie Lyon back to the club for next season.

This move is seen by the Dugan camp as being the easiest way of getting him back on the playing field this season with the least amount of resistance  It had become clear that the NRL was looking to run interference on Dugan signing with another club so quickly after being sacked, and that was before the recent spat on Instagram.

I’m told Nathan Brown see’s Dugan as a safe bet. He would easily be the best fullback in Super League but he also has experience playing at Standoff for the Canberra Raiders, and there is a feeling that Brown likes the idea of playing Dugan in the line and getting more ball than he would at Fullback. With the more relaxed defense we see in Super League, Dugan could be the type of signing that turns St Helens season around.

This is a gamble I think St Helens had to take. When you look at the way the side if struggling right now with no direction from their halves at all, taking a gamble on Josh Dugan just makes sense. He won’t be on huge money for his first season at the club but I’m told if he takes up the contract option in 2014 he will be earning a substantial amount.

Overall, I think it is a great signing and shows that St Helens aren’t willing to sit back and just let the season run its course. This is a signing that is sure to worry a few other clubs in Super League.

St Helens now have the best player in the competition on their books.
josie andrews

Re: April Fool's Joke?

Post by josie andrews »

Your link doesn't work Kitt - or is it not supposed to :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
It was the link I took it from Josie!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Try this:

http://www.leaguefreak.com/exclusive-jo ... ours-3989/
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Your link doesn't work Kitt - or is it not supposed to :wink:
Try this:

http://www.leaguefreak.com/exclusive-jo ... ours-3989/
That works :) thank you
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
upandunder1

Post by upandunder1 »

They must not know that sam plays fullback or surely it would read 2nd best fullback wouldnt it??
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Kittwazzer wrote: http://www.leaguefreak.com/exclusive-j ... ours-3989/

Former New South Wales and Canberra Raiders fullback Josh Dugan will be playing for St Helens, possibly as soon as next weekend, after contract talks with the Brisbane Broncos broke down on Sunday.
Before Salford or St Helens start salivating, consider this: Dugan has a collection of mostly drink diving convictions which are criminal offences in AUS. If Michael Crocker couldn't get a UK visa for the transgression of his youth, Dugan's chances are zero. All his offences have occurred in the last few years.
http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum/thread-11833.html
A sticking point for Australian clubs would be if Dugan expects to earn the reported $500,000-a-season he was pulling at the Raiders; the Dragons in a position to drop that kind of money now, the Broncos seemingly unable to unless they could get a heavily back-ended contract approved by salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

Whichever club lands his signature will have hope the NRL agree to register him, something which could take weeks.

And if they do, whether the contract would include any special conditions.

Canberra officials provided the NRL with a `Dugan dossier' last week, which is believed to contain a string of off-field breaches by the 22 year-old, dumped by the club after he posted pictures of himself on Facebook drinking two weeks ago while injured.

Because of confidentiality laws, clubs interested in signing Dugan are unlikely to obtain a copy of the Raiders' dirt dossier.

The NRL is currently reviewing Canberra's report and weighing up whether it would register Dugan should a contract be presented to them.
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8632152

I'd guess this guy will struggle to get a visa whomever is interested in him
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Anyone spotted any decent ones in the papers or on the news?

For me the best ever was in 1957 when Panorama gave up an entire programme to harvesting spaghetti in Switzerland of all places!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

I remember some years ago Granada news announcing that Liverpool was claiming independance and all roads into the city were closed. Anyone travelling to the city had to get a visa from their nearest police station. :)
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hi

The owner of the League Freak site has requested that you don't post full articles on the message board. Just post the first couple of paragraphs and a link please.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐