V Wakey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

V Wakey

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Job done!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
exile in Tiger country

Re: V Wakey

Post by exile in Tiger country »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Job done!!

Bet Wane doesn't think so. Twenty four points conceded to twelve men? That's the most we've conceded this season.
I bet the air is blue in that changing room.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

And if the teams had been 12v12 like they should have been, it might have been even closer.

Farrell should have walked, he threw the first punch.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Listened to the game via wish fm as I could not make the game.Quite impressed with the summary from the rfl official Tony Brown.Concise and honest also gave an insight from a refereeing perspective.This did not appear to have been a great game but it is another job done.Despite the score line something I'm sure Waney will be more than willing to give his opinion on.Glad to see the stains loss to hkr. :D
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

In my opinion, with all the key players missing, Wakey at full strength (minus the sending off), just think it was job done.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Painful. Wakey were awful and determined to spoil. The referee did not help matters. A 70/80 point win was for the taking with good scores as soon as we got in their 20 and making Smith work over time in defence. Unfortunately, our standard slipped to theirs with Wakefield players simply running through non existent defence. We were seemingly unable to cope with drop off after drop off v 12 men with some struggling with injuries. Wane perhaps got his 17 wrong with another outside back probably needed as we have many players that can move to the pack. The game was crying out for an Offiah type player with a fetish for scoring umpteen tries.

The only positives, young players getting some experience AND seemingly the results elsewhere.
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

First Try Tickle wrote:And if the teams had been 12v12 like they should have been, it might have been even closer.

Behave yourself !

Poore smashed into Faz with his elbows, that is what started it. Faz gave him a bit of a shove whilst he was on the ground, then that sparked it all.

I didnt see Faz throwing a single punch, I saw him getting felled by one though :(
markill

Post by markill »

First Try Tickle wrote:And if the teams had been 12v12 like they should have been, it might have been even closer.

Farrell should have got a yellow and Poore a red. Faz plonked out a jab from what I saw. The penalty should have been for the forearm smash in the carry that led to the flare up, no idea how Faz didn't get 10 if he was the one penalised really.

Greg Burke was very good - even with the heavy hits he took.

What did Tuson go off with? I missed that happen.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Tuson off with hamstring problem.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The way I saw it Poore led with the forearm. Faz did not like it and held his shirt loosely while words were probably exchanged. Poore then proceeded to drop him with a quality punch. Easy red and I am at a loss as to why Poore seems to have come here looking to create a tough guy crazy man image. Second sending off already. I ever remember him behving like this in the NRL.

Hick then seemed to allow Wakey a great deal of latitude and Greg Burke was the recepient of 2 illegal hits.

Wakey had a game plan and they were under the cosh with the sending off, injuries to Mathers, Sykes, Smith etc. We were poor. Many players had their poorest games in a while. The only players truly up for it IMO were Burke, Dudson and Spencer. I thought Burke was my MOM, Faz did not deserve it. Spencer has become a very big unity. He always had the height but he has filled out. Many in form players like Green, Crosby, Flower, Taylor were not at their best.