Maggie Thatcher

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Kittwazzer

Re: Maggie Thatcher

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
BriH wrote:
The Tories never forgave Joe Gormley for bringing down Ted Heath - another nasty piece of work.
A VERY nasty piece of work, details of whom the Establishment is still desperate to suppress!
Joe Gormley didn't refuse his place in the House of Lords tho' :exc:
Nor his place at the Plough & Harrow in Shevy! :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: A VERY nasty piece of work, details of whom the Establishment is still desperate to suppress!
Joe Gormley didn't refuse his place in the House of Lords tho' :exc:
Nor his place at the Plough & Harrow in Shevy! :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

BriH wrote:The fact that she is dead doesn't bother me at all.

It's the time she was in power that I remember. My Dad was a miner for 36 years, and all he got from the pits was a lung full of coal dust.
She was a nasty, divisive, dictatorial megalomaniac who despised the working class and came in with an agenda to destroy primarily the NUM, and subsequently, the rest of the Trade Union Movement.
The Tories never forgave Joe Gormley for bringing down Ted Heath - another nasty piece of work.
The North is still recovering from the witch.
What really makes me sick is all the sycophants who are making her out to be on a par with Churchill and others.
What an insult.
There, I've got it off my chest!!
There lies the illogical thinking of many working / middle class folk Bri. Thatcher and the Conservatives are only ever interested in a very small % of the people in this country and then only in London primarily but the South. Yet, many working / middle class folk think she represented them when nothing could be further from the truth. The Daily Mail since her death has been pathetic OTT in their adulation.
wink

Post by wink »

This post is offensive. This is supposed to be a rugby site. Politics have no place here. If you wish to air your views, please use Facebook or Twitter. Josie, as administrator please remove this topic.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

On the news, Whelan is asking for a minutes silence at Wembley on Saturday.

Good Luck with that Dave! :roll:
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

How about a minutes applause :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Fujiman wrote:How about a minutes applause :D
The very suggestion that a football crowd would observe a minute of anything for Thatchula is frankly ludicrous!
doc

Post by doc »

Brian Moore has just gone up massively in my estimation. Sarries have announced a minutes silence. Moore was interviewed on 5Live and said he didn't like her and would not wish to take part in a minutes silence for her. He said he would leave his seat rather than disrupt it though. Apparently he hated her decision to sell off school playing fields.

So the next question is will the Wigan contingent at Sarries remember their roots like Shaun Edwards did during the miner's strike or will they obey their paymasters will?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wink wrote:This post is offensive. This is supposed to be a rugby site. Politics have no place here. If you wish to air your views, please use Facebook or Twitter. Josie, as administrator please remove this topic.
I'm not the only administrator on the site!

Why is it always me who has to close/move threads?

I have to read every post, even if I don't agree with them, I just don't post a reply.

I'll ask the site owner if he finds it should be closed.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

wink wrote:This post is offensive. This is supposed to be a rugby site. Politics have no place here. If you wish to air your views, please use Facebook or Twitter. Josie, as administrator please remove this topic.
Offensive to whom?

And the 'Off Topic' forum is set up especially to cater for non-rugby topics!