Wigan on Sky

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Wigan on Sky

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i dont get to go to many matches mainly because none of my friends are really into rugby and the ones that are dont really go.

So i reply on sky coverage for the main to watch wigan - but this year i get the impression Sky are purposely not showing wigan matches??

Leeds, Wire, St Helens seem to be on literally every week! and wigan havent been on at all really in comparison. Looking over the coming 3 months and wigan are on 4 times in comparison to st helens, leeds and wire all on 5 times.

I understand sky have to show all teams but like i said wigan's coverage seems to be a lot less
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
markill

Re: Wigan on Sky

Post by markill »

In fairness to sky, why would they want to show us routinely beating teams by wide margins? You only play top teams so many times and we're hammering a lot of other teams - the last Wigan game they showed was the Widnes smashing wasn't it? On the flip side, the games they've shown recently have mostly been close encounters. Not all the games to the end of season have been announced yet, just the Monday ones are confirmed aren't they? and we have 2 Monday games.

The question I would ask is why are Cas on so often recently? 4 times in the last 5/6 weeks off the top of my head.

My advice is go to the games and sit on your own. Sit in the same seats each time and you'll probably get to know the people around you anyway. You don't need your mates!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

sky probable don't see the point in putting a game on were a team just steam rollers another like Wigan have been doing to other teams this year.

Skys game selection this weekend were poor. The Wigan v Hull, catalan v Giants, Leeds V KR, Wire V Bradford. All seamed to be better on paper then the games they actual put on.

The games were close that they did put on sky but the quality was poor.

I understand they have to share around the exposure but do top teams not earn the right to be on Sky more?
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Below is a table showing how many times each time as been on Sky this year. (does not include world club challegne and challenge cup)

Leeds Rhinos 6
Castleford Tigers 5
Hull FC 5
Hull KR 5
St Helens 5
Warrington Wolves 5
Widnes Vikings 4
Wigan Warriors 4
Catalan Dragons 3
Huddersfield Giants 3
Bradford Bulls 2
Salford City Reds 2
Wakefield Wildcats 2
London Broncos 1
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

wiggydoran wrote:Below is a table showing how many times each time as been on Sky this year. (does not include world club challegne and challenge cup)

Leeds Rhinos 6
Castleford Tigers 5
Hull FC 5
Hull KR 5
St Helens 5
Warrington Wolves 5
Widnes Vikings 4
Wigan Warriors 4
Catalan Dragons 3
Huddersfield Giants 3
Bradford Bulls 2
Salford City Reds 2
Wakefield Wildcats 2
London Broncos 1
Ignoring Millenium, we are down to be shown v Wire and Saints. That will put the 3 teams on 6 each alongside Leeds.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thought the same - Sky seem far to interested in the likes of Cas and Salford (with their new benefactor and coach).

The whinoes always get a lot of coverage - presumably because they are the champions
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Matthew wrote:Thought the same - Sky seem far to interested in the likes of Cas and Salford (with their new benefactor and coach).

The whinoes always get a lot of coverage - presumably because they are the champions
Possibly. Wiggy is right though, they do seem to make poor selections and its obvious to most fans that other fixtures would make for more exciting viewing. London v Saints was a no-brainer for me on Saturday!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:i dont get to go to many matches mainly because none of my friends are really into rugby and the ones that are dont really go.

So i reply on sky coverage for the main to watch wigan - but this year i get the impression Sky are purposely not showing wigan matches??

Leeds, Wire, St Helens seem to be on literally every week! and wigan havent been on at all really in comparison. Looking over the coming 3 months and wigan are on 4 times in comparison to st helens, leeds and wire all on 5 times.

I understand sky have to show all teams but like i said wigan's coverage seems to be a lot less
We will get our fair share of coverage when we win the grand final. :D
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

could it have something to do with the latics home games? whatever the problem is it's piss poor, the only reason i have SKY sports is so i can watch Wigan, it takes the effing piss like, it wasn't much better last year, just hope Premier sports takes the SL reet of SKY when their current rights come to an end :angry:
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Take a look at Garry Schofield's article in the League Express this week.

Look at one of the weekends matches this weekend: Salford V Cas. Awful game. What's worse is the stadium was near enough empty, I think the attendance was 2 thousand something. Doesn't exactly sell our game in the correct light does it.
I find it embarrassing.