Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Gelling

Post by yokozuna »

Broken collar bone in the game against Salford tonight.

Poor lad, gets a chance in the side and he gets injured again. I don't think he's going to be great player, but it looks like he's not getting any luck to show what he is capable of.

:(
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
BriH

Re: Gelling

Post by BriH »

What about Matty Smith? Sounds like he has been given a bit of a battering, listening to Radio Manchester.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

BriH wrote:What about Matty Smith? Sounds like he has been given a bit of a battering, listening to Radio Manchester.
I got the impression he was targeted from the get go!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Matty was just unlucky accidental clash of heads, later on got hit passing.

Gelling was unluck. Shame for Thornley too as he got put on the wing after looking good at centre.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Was a chicken wing on Smith, pulled his shoulder out, he complained to Childs about it.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GBH

Post by GBH »

yokozuna wrote:Broken collar bone in the game against Salford tonight.

Poor lad, gets a chance in the side and he gets injured again. I don't think he's going to be great player, but it looks like he's not getting any luck to show what he is capable of.

I think Gelling could be a great player that was an awsome try he scored......... What a shame he gets hurt
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GBH wrote:

I think Gelling could be a great player that was an awsome try he scored......... What a shame he gets hurt
I, too, think Gelling has got promise, he just needs game time, regularly.

Such a shame about his injury :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

GBH wrote:

Unfortunately the lad is having no luck. I think if he gets a run of games together he might have the makings of a good player.
bocco

Post by bocco »

his try was well crafted & he finished it really well, what a shame he is injured I think he can do a good job for us if he gets any luck
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:Was a chicken wing on Smith, pulled his shoulder out, he complained to Childs about it.
Yes it was. Salford player on report. We will most likely nor have Smith for HKR so that is a worry.