Good Luck Latics!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Re: Good Luck Latics!

Post by cpwigan »

jobo wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Plus true supporters who do not boo and jeer them when they lose like apparently they did last night.

Hope they do not do the same on Saturday if they lose!
The booing was disappointing. If tics players weren't making the effort, then you could understand but they did give it their all and didn't deserve to be booed off.

Suppose that puts a damper on for Saturday but at least they are guaranteed to be in Europe next year.
Even Dave Whelan was dismayed with the Latics effort and many Latics fans I spoke to today were dismayed at the arrogance of Di Santos who they described as displaying an obvious attitude of I am too good for this club.

Fans are entitled to boo, to cheer whatever as long as it is not racist/sexist etc etc.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

A big problem when a club has so many bandwagon jumpers, especially those who are Councillors!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:A big problem when a club has so many bandwagon jumpers, especially those who are Councillors!
You really do talk nonsense.
bonbon

Post by bonbon »

I couldn't give two f**ks about Latics, as a football team they do seem poor.
Wigan turnin Blue-My arse
The future is bright, the future is Cherry & White
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872
Wigan RLFC not just a religion

To do list
Win World Club Challenge-2021
Win Challenge Cup-2021
Win Super League-2020
Win League Leaders Shield-2020
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

bonbon wrote:I couldn't give two f**ks about Latics, as a football team they do seem poor.
Are you from Wigan?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

bonbon wrote:I couldn't give two f**ks about Latics, as a football team they do seem poor.
I'm a Wiganer and proud of it. Whether we are playing rugby, football or tiddlywinks doesn't matter to me I'm shouting for my own. I hope they stuff City and maintain their Premier League standing.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exactly SEFC but even those who just support Wigan RLFC and are not from Wigan should remember that if the Latics go down, our rent for the DW will go up and hurt our finances.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

How much of the new found support for the Latic's has anything to do with them now being in the Premier League and now in the FA Cup Final.

Looks like the bandwagon jumping has now even spread to some of our supporters.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:Exactly SEFC but even those who just support Wigan RLFC and are not from Wigan should remember that if the Latics go down, our rent for the DW will go up and hurt our finances.
It could also result in a situation where if the Latic's were to go back where they use to be and getting far lower crowds, a change in the ownership of the DW as it could become a millstone around their necks, especially when Whelan is no longer at the helm to wipe off the debts.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote: How much of the new found support for the Latic's has anything to do with them now being in the Premier League and now in the FA Cup Final.

Looks like the bandwagon jumping has now even spread to some of our supporters.
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, I wont be going to Wembley and I only watch Latics very infrequently (once or twice a year), but as I said I am a Wiganer through and through and therefore I want the town and its people to succeed in everything they do.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards