CC draw - for the consipicary theorists out there

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

CC draw - for the consipicary theorists out there

Post by Matthew »

With the CC draw likely to take place in the next few days, I noticed an article on the BBC website about the Sheffield/Wigan final (which I am sure we would all like to forget).

With Sheffield still in, could they be preparing the ground for a rematch?

(I'll turn the cooker on)
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
DaveO

Re: CC draw - for the consipicary theorists out there

Post by DaveO »

I'd be happy with that!

Mind you the RFL and BBC have to work out when they are doing the draw first. After the last shambles I think everyone clueless as to when it may be (last I heard before typing this is it was supposed to be today but now it isn't!)
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

As I was away when the last draw was made, exactly what was the nature of the shambles?
Stevethegas
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

stevethegas wrote:As I was away when the last draw was made, exactly what was the nature of the shambles?
Steve it was cringeworthy...the two clowns in the 5 live studio thought it was a comedy sketch..they made fun of the cup..they were giving the wrong numbers that were drawn, and generally behaving like a pair of prats..Billy Boston must have wondered what on earth he had come to.. :blush:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

the winky one wrote:
stevethegas wrote:As I was away when the last draw was made, exactly what was the nature of the shambles?
Steve it was cringeworthy...the two clowns in the 5 live studio thought it was a comedy sketch..they made fun of the cup..they were giving the wrong numbers that were drawn, and generally behaving like a pair of prats..Billy Boston must have wondered what on earth he had come to.. :blush:
They didn't know who Billy was. Alongside Sir Ian McKellan probably the most famous living Wiganer!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Draw is tomorrow apparently according to tweets on Challenge cup site.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Ideal draw would be:

Hudds v Wolves
Cats v Hull
London v Widnes
Wigan v Eagles

Anyone know when it is taking place yet?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

East Stand Faithful wrote:Draw is tomorrow apparently according to tweets on Challenge cup site.
Apparently they are going to let us know today when the draw is going to be held.

IFL take note, this is how a well run organisation should operate. The RFL are making an announcement of when the draw will take place :wink:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

What concerns me more is the fact that there are two rounds in July and none in June.

As the Final is on the last weekend of August, surely it would make more sense to have a round on the last weekend of every month commencing in February with round one.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Heard a story going round that they were going to have the draw yesterday, but thought all the publicity would be lost with all the local and national media focussed on events at Old Trafford.
Think they are talking now with BBC to try and schedule the draw live on TV.
At the very least though, they should have put out some information for fans to be put in the picture.