Long Admits Interest from Other Clubs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Long Admits Interest from Other Clubs

Post by josie andrews »

One of Wigan's newest signings admits a number of other clubs were also chasing his signature.

Sean Long - who spent most of his career terrorising Wigan while playing for St Helens - has moved back to his hometown club to join the junior coaching staff.

Since retiring as a player in 2011 he has been making a name for himself as assistant coach at Salford City Reds, where he resigned from the post last month.

Long told Wigan TV:

"Yes there were a few other clubs but once Wigan came in, that was it.

When I heard Wigan were interested it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down.

Within two weeks [the deal] was done."

Long has also been speaking about the role he'll be undertaking at the Warriors, saying;

"If I see any deficiencies in a players passing or lines, I'll be doing one-on-one work with them.

In particular with the young half backs like Sam Powell. If Matty Smith or Blake Green go down we need someone to step into their shoes. There should be a quick transition."

And to see the full interview - including footage from Sean's first training session with the boys - go to www.wiganwarriors.com/tv and sign up now

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Re: Long Admits Interest from Other Clubs

Post by Kittwazzer »

Apparently he told someone in a pub he'd have gone to Saints like a shot if they'd asked him!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Media spiel to try and the fans onside (or at least hate him a little less).

Not convinced
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Kittwazzer wrote:Apparently he told someone in a pub he'd have gone to Saints like a shot if they'd asked him!
Did he give any betting advice on team selection?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds