Charnley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Re: Charnley

Post by ddtftf »

Todays paper, Wigan favourites to sign Briscoe, he has rejected offers from Leeds and the NRL
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ddtftf wrote:Todays paper, Wigan favourites to sign Briscoe, he has rejected offers from Leeds and the NRL
Really? That's a refreshing sign. Someone ignoring the mega bucks. Still, not everyone went to Saudi Arabia who could have done!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

East Stand Faithful wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Anyone would think that the conveyor belt had broken down!
I know you always err on the side of optimism but can I ask you this:

At what point would you start to worry about the amount of players Wigan were losing to NRL/ Union?

Do your believe it doesn't matter and that no matter how many players we lose we can replace them with local talent or is there a point at which you would become concerned?
Unless our game can compete financially with Rugby Union and the NRL, supporters will have to face up to the problem of players looking elsewhere. All our game can do now is keep finding and producing replacements and hope that they show more interest in staying loyal to our game and clubs instead of wanting more money elsewhere.

Over the year's our club has never done too bad in finding players to replace players if and when they leave and will continue do so in the future, especially with having one of the best academies in the game.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Anyone would think that the conveyor belt had broken down!
I know you always err on the side of optimism but can I ask you this:

At what point would you start to worry about the amount of players Wigan were losing to NRL/ Union?

Do your believe it doesn't matter and that no matter how many players we lose we can replace them with local talent or is there a point at which you would become concerned?
Unless our game can compete financially with Rugby Union and the NRL, supporters will have to face up to the problem of players looking elsewhere. All our game can do now is keep finding and producing replacements and hope that they show more interest in staying loyal to our game and clubs instead of wanting more money elsewhere.

Over the year's our club has never done too bad in finding players to replace players if and when they leave and will continue do so in the future, especially with having one of the best academies in the game.
So just to be clear then, you are of the opinion it doesn't matter how many players we lose because we can replace them with local talent?

And there is no point at which a player drain would concern you?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote: I know you always err on the side of optimism but can I ask you this:

So just to be clear then, you are of the opinion it doesn't matter how many players we lose because we can replace them with local talent?

And pray what is your answer to the problem and for the record, not just talent from within the club which by the way is not all local, but also quality signings from elsewhere.

wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote: I know you always err on the side of optimism but can I ask you this:

LMAO I thought EXACTLY the same. It's the law of diminished returns, eventually all you end up with is am ever increasing pool of mediocre players irrespective of how positive a perspective you have
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:What pleasure some supporters get in starting these rumours is beyond me.

Unless of course, they are started from those at the dark side of Billinge Hill.
The man who posted this is a long time Wigan fan, a Wiganer, a person with so many connections and an honourable fine upstanding gentleman. Like everybody he occasionally get something wrong BUT 9 times out of 10 he is right.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Thank you Cp call me i will give you the contact of the info, but for yours ears only too close to home.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:What pleasure some supporters get in starting these rumours is beyond me.

Unless of course, they are started from those at the dark side of Billinge Hill.
The man who posted this is a long time Wigan fan, a Wiganer, a person with so many connections and an honourable fine upstanding gentleman. Like everybody he occasionally get something wrong BUT 9 times out of 10 he is right.
A bit like yourself CP!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

WW, nobody is perfect but I get far more right than wrong because I only use information from sources I trust. If DDTFTF says something then you/I/everybody need to take notice. Rather than trying to put everybody down all I will say is what I said previous, the man you questioned knows more people, knows far more about what goes on than you or I will ever know. He is very much worth listening too and taking note of. You really have no idea WW how far off the mark you were accusing him of being a Saints supporter.