What a pity he didn't

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
upandunder1

Re: What a pity he didn't

Post by upandunder1 »

I daresay i wont watch an England match in the world cup if he is in the 17! I too dislike him, perhaps even a touch more than josie!! Golden boot?? I wouldnt give him an owd flip flop.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote: Never ever rated him and never will, there are better players in the league that dont get half the exposure ( Lockers) So he wouldnt be missed if he jacked it in.
Lockers has been unlucky in that injuries have restricted his International appearances somewhat but when he has played he looks the part. Sinfield doesn't not matter where he is played.

I was at the DW when England played NZ and Lockers did play. He had a superb game and it was him if I recall correctly who hoofed the ball virtually the length of the pitch from a scrum in a set move for a great try with one of our backs racing the length of the pitch to touch down. Caught the NZ'ers cold. I doubt Sinfield could have done it and of course Lockers general play was easily up to the opposition.

This is what you see with genuine quality players. When the standard gets higher they match it or even up their game. Sinfield can't. He strikes me as a very good pro who has made the best of what skills he has but he can't make up by hard work for what just isn't there - true international class.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I think Sinfield's persona has carried him through as much as anything. Good looking lad, entire career at same club, well spoken and articulate, no scandal or skeletons that we know about. He has been the poster boy. Steady player albeit never a world beater. He was probably the best poster boy the RFL could come up with. In musical terms, I would line him up as Cliff Richard to Gaz Hock's Elvis. But I always preferred Elvis!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

He's the best ever. Captain Marvel, a leader amongst men. Just ask anyone at SLY TV.
Seriously, the guy is average at best at international level, he just can't make that step up.
His Neanderthal brow worries me too, it seems unnatural somehow.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

exile in Tiger country wrote:He's the best ever. Captain Marvel, a leader amongst men. Just ask anyone at SLY TV.
Seriously, the guy is average at best at international level, he just can't make that step up.

It reminds me of those giant heads on Easter Island.

"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:He's the best ever. Captain Marvel, a leader amongst men. Just ask anyone at SLY TV.

Danny Brough's is worse!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:

It must be a Yorkshite inbred feature, both are ugly :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Post by markill »

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:

Although Sinfield is from Oldham...
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
markill

Post by markill »

I've long disliked Sinfield. I've thought he was overrated and couldn't appreciate what he really did in a team. He is too poor a defender to be a top tier 13 - he has never really played there very much anyway, its just his squad number. He isn't really elusive enough to be a top level half back and I never thought he was a great passer either. But, and its a big but when you're considering team selection, the guy is a winner and a leader and a leader of winning teams. Of that there is no doubt in my opinion. Over the years he has been integral to a winning Leeds side and it might not be through flashy pieces of explosive play that we all see, but he clearly does something because when he isn't taking charge Leeds don't win as often and when he is calling the shots (even if other players are the ones actually delivering them) then Leeds are a very tough outfit to defeat. None of the other players available for selection offer that (Brough isn't available it seems, plus he isn't a winner). You could say there are other leaders England have in the team but I'd say the team should be full of people with leadership qualities, but none of them have lifted as many trophies combined as Sinfield has alone as captains of their respective teams. And then there is his goal kicking. I think you have to play him. It would be foolish not to. His form is never so spectacular as to say he is the first name on the team sheet, but then have all great sporting captains been the best in the team?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Danny Brough's is worse!!
Although Sinfield is from Oldham...
That's just a technicality!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan