Sam Tomkins ?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
John Ferguson

Re: Sam Tomkins ?

Post by John Ferguson »

Wigan's No. 2 Fan wrote:Sam had a chat with Russell Crowe in London yesterday at the Superman film premier
Wonder what they talked about when in private ?
Doubt it mate, he had a microphone and cameras there! :wink:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I will now reveal my information on the post I have put. I had 4 Wigan academy players on an education course who told me that Sam had personally told them that he was staying at Wigan and not going to the NRL. It only goes to show that maybe Sam is not as open as he says, but having said that its a short career & you have to take the opportunities that come your way.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The saga is getting plenty of publicity for Sam and our game!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote:I will now reveal my information on the post I have put. I had 4 Wigan academy players on an education course who told me that Sam had personally told them that he was staying at Wigan and not going to the NRL. It only goes to show that maybe Sam is not as open as he says, but having said that its a short career & you have to take the opportunities that come your way.
I don't it is a case of being open (or not) but honest.

If he said he was staying at Wigan when he knew he wasn't that is very poor.

All he had to do is say he wasn't going to talk about things like that or evade the question in a diplomatic way. It's not hard and better than telling an outright lie.

So I for one hope he was telling the truth.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

If he is going i'd rather him go sooner rather than later, sooner he leaves the quicker we can get a new player settled, and as for all this i would rather see him go to the NRL than Union crack i personaly could give 2 flying fooks where he goes after Wigan, if he doesn't want to play for Wigan anymore then fook him, all this it's great for the international game crap is unbelievable, so fans would rather have a few world class players turn up for a few games at the end of the season than see them throughout the year, what planet are these people from, we are never going to be good enough to beat Australia on a consistant level so why bother