Tomkins saga over as he signs for the NZW

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Defence

Re: Tomkins saga over as he signs for the NZW

Post by Defence »

Hey guys- new to the forum. I'm a NZ warriors fan but also a long time Wigan supporter- going back to the days of dean bell and the iro brothers etc.
A lot of the NZ fans are really excited about this possibility, while others not so much. The nay Sayers will tell you we already have Kevin Locke and that tomkins can't tackle- from what Ive seen be actually looks like a pretty good defender and the stats seem to back this up. I was so wondering how u lads view his defence?
Also there's been a lot of talk about a couple of our players heading your way- who would u like to sign from our club if any of this is true?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sam is a great player but has a tendency to be poor under a high ball, I am sure he will be tested in the NRL
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

As usual, us the paying supporters of Wigan RL & the sponsors always hear news from a source other than our own club!! WTF!

We're being treated like effing morons & it's being said that Wane is going as well! Why doesn't the club just sell all our players, coaching staff & just pack it all in?

I'm bloody angry bout this, as if you can't tell, but it just does my bleeding head in.

I was in two minds last year whether to renew my season ticket & I'm starting to feel the same way again.

Our club is turning into a bloody joke. We either can't keep players or we're selling them for what seems like a quick buck!!!!

Rant over.......for now
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote:As usual, us the paying supporters of Wigan RL & the sponsors always hear news from a source other than our own club!! WTF!

We're being treated like effing morons & it's being said that Wane is going as well! Why doesn't the club just sell all our players, coaching staff & just pack it all in?

I'm bloody angry bout this, as if you can't tell, but it just does my bleeding head in.

I was in two minds last year whether to renew my season ticket & I'm starting to feel the same way again.

Our club is turning into a bloody joke. We either can't keep players or we're selling them for what seems like a quick buck!!!!

Rant over.......for now
Sorry Josie this is something we are all going to have to get used to.Believe me this is only the beggining under IL. A lot on here seem to think all I do is IL and SW bash.I Only post what is known to myself to be fact.I have spent a couple of years before I joined this site just reading the posts on here The majority are passionate Warriors fans and love the club as much as I do.You Can sense this in there posts. We are all intitled to our opinions. that is what I like about this site from the sublime to the riddiculous but nethertheless opinions.It is my OPINION that the present running of the club will be the downfall of RL in Wigan.Before Iget the hecklers let me put something to you.Fact is we have a production line of youngsters at Wigan in fact have for decades but not has strong has we have had for last 5 years. Myself and every Wigan fan has waited patiently for this youth to come through and make us the ultimate force in Sl We over the last 2 seasons could see something special building at Wigan. The Club choose to see something different £££.If this is not the case why when we are on the crest of something special.They start to dismantle what was building up to be Sl champions for years to come. This is not a rant as I am way past that I have the good fortune to be around RL on a daily basis.Hence why I joined and my my name kept in the dark fans.I love my club with a passion but hate what is going on there and sadly can't see any thing else than a talent conveyor belt for any one with correct ££ for years to come. :(
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Defence wrote:Hey guys- new to the forum. I'm a NZ warriors fan but also a long time Wigan supporter- going back to the days of dean bell and the iro brothers etc.
A lot of the NZ fans are really excited about this possibility, while others not so much. The nay Sayers will tell you we already have Kevin Locke and that tomkins can't tackle- from what Ive seen be actually looks like a pretty good defender and the stats seem to back this up. I was so wondering how u lads view his defence?
Also there's been a lot of talk about a couple of our players heading your way- who would u like to sign from our club if any of this is true?
. I would take tommy and Locke and 200k
markill

Post by markill »

By saying the club are choosing money from NRL over keeping players like Sam is not enough to say say the team/sport in Wigan is dying. What we need to know is what the money is for, because as I understand it money has been 're-invested' in the team by buying/signing two of the best half backs in Super League to replace two of the best outgoing. Also there has been investment in the Orrell training site and in other aspects of how the players are prepared for playing since IL became involved. If money made is being assigned to help the continued success and development of players then you can't say its killing the club/sport - if however its being banked away by IL with no benefit to the club then we have big issues.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I will believe it when I see it.It's all pure speculation until the club makes an announcement.Of course I along with others would be gutted if it turns out to be the case that he's leaving.But having said this. I am still of the opinion that he was always going to leave because of his talent.And that money is the big motivator rather than trophies. Because if it was trophies he was after then it would be with a team that brought home the silverware.This however is still speculation.Who on earth do we believe? some newspaper hack,agents looking to make mischief.Or Sam himself who not long ago said he was fed up with all the speculation surrounding his future and that he was a Wigan player for the next season.I shall await the outcome of all this. :D
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:As usual, us the paying supporters of Wigan RL & the sponsors always hear news from a source other than our own club!! WTF!

Rant over.......for now
Calm down, dearie. At the moment, it's just a report in a Sydney newspaper. As for having a season ticket, most people have one because they are supporters of a club and not because of any one player and what players have we sold for a fast buck. If any player wants to leave a club, there is very little today that a club can do do to prevent it, so the only option is to get the best deal for the club before any player becomes a free agent and the club gets nothing.

Players come and players go, but at the end of the day, you support your club.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:

Rant over.......for now
Calm down, dearie. At the moment, it's just a report in a Sydney newspaper. As for having a season ticket, most people have one because they are supporters of a club and not because of any one player and what players have we sold for a fast buck. If any player wants to leave a club, there is very little today that a club can do do to prevent it, so the only option is to get the best deal for the club before any player becomes a free agent and the club gets nothing.

I do support my club, and not any particular player, unless it was Lockers :wink:
But I'm getting very disillusioned at the present time with the lack of communication we get from the club & I don't mean the snippets they drip feed us.

I said the same last year about my not renewing my season ticket & I still renewed because I support Wigan RL & will still renew even tho I say I have doubts!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

Rant over.......for now

I do support my club, and not any particular player, unless it was Lockers :wink:
But I'm getting very disillusioned at the present time with the lack of communication we get from the club & I don't mean the snippets they drip feed us.

I said the same last year about my not renewing my season ticket & I still renewed because I support Wigan RL & will still renew even tho I say I have doubts!
Josie, In the forty odd years I have supported the club, I have always supported the club and never attached to any one player because as far as i am concerned no player is bigger than the club and that includes Sam.

However, you do have a point about lack of communication these days. From what I gather, some supporters have not had replies to letters and emails. Something which would not have happen in the days of Chairman Mau.