Robbie Hunter-Paul means business on return to Bradford Bulls

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Robbie Hunter-Paul means business on return to Bradford Bulls

Post by josie andrews »

Robbie Hunter-Paul has vowed to give “value for money” as he begins his new role as deputy director at the Bulls today.

The Bradford legend’s roles and responsibilities will not be dissimilar to the business development manager post he held at Huddersfield Giants.

It will see him working closely with general manager Ryan Whitcut and marketing chief Roy Davison and could see him emerge as effectively the Bulls’ chief executive.

Hunter-Paul said: “Business development in its broadest sense basically means climbing into every sector of the club and overseeing every sector.

“It’s not chief executive officer but it’s that remit of responsibility, I guess.

“I’ll be working alongside Ryan and Roy, and obviously working underneath the strategic guidance of the board.

“But the most important factor in me coming back here is that I’ll be adding value.

“I hated being injured as a player because I felt I didn’t offer anything for the wage I was getting.

“That’s why I got highly involved in the promotional side of the club as a player – that was a big thing for me.

“My methodology is the same now – I need to offer value – and I have a knowledge bank that I like to call upon.

“I’ve worked hard to build that up as well as various contacts and I think that’s the attraction from Omar Khan and Gerry Sutcliffe’s point of view.”

Hunter-Paul believes his time at university and his 18 months working at Huddersfield will hold him in strong stead.

“I’ve also been through university and business school and I have experience of promotional and marketing elements all the way from ticketing to bringing in new sponsors,” he said.

“That’s what I’ll be doing at the Bulls but first and foremost I need to undertake due diligence and see where the club is at and how I can help to drive it forward.

“The role and responsibilities will be defined and there will be benchmarks.”

Meanwhile, the Bulls’ under-19s lost a thrilling clash 20-18 at Wigan on Saturday despite tries from Curtis Naughton (2) and Danny Gregory, plus three goals from Adam Brook. The under-16s lost 22-16 at Hull FC.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... s/?ref=rss
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Re: Robbie Hunter-Paul means business on return to Bradford Bulls

Post by DaveO »

The man has no street cred with his daft double-barreled surname!

If his wife was so attached to her surname why didn't she just keep it. Some friends of ours did just that.
exile in Tiger country

Re: Robbie Hunter-Paul means business on return to Bradford Bulls

Post by exile in Tiger country »

DaveO wrote:The man has no street cred with his daft double-barreled surname!

If his wife was so attached to her surname why didn't she just keep it. Some friends of ours did just that.
I'm sure he loses sleep over his lack of street cred.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09