Squad for CC Semi final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Squad for CC Semi final

Post by AdamMac »

More than happy with this. Really strong on paper. Just a decision to make on who to leave out with Hughes IMO... Dudson more than likely.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 2&type=1

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Shaun Wane has today named his 19 Man Squad for Saturday's huge Tetley's Challenge Cup Semi Final against London Broncos at Leigh Sports Village, 5pm kick off.

As expected the Warriors welcome back to the squad Sam Tomkins, Harrison Hansen and Skipper Sean O'Loughlin who all missed the Super League defeat at St Helens on Monday.

Elsewhere Scott Taylor who had no case to answer to despite being put on report during Monday's game is also named in the squad but Anthony Gelling misses out after picking up a foot injury at Langtree Park.

Wigan Warriors -19 Man Squad (in alphabetical order)

Josh Charnley, Dom Crosby, Gil Dudson, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Darrell Goulding, Blake Green, Harrison Hansen, Jack Hughes, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O'Loughlin, Pat Richards, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, Iain Thornley, Logan Tomkins, Sam Tomkins, Chris Tuson

Referee - P Bentham.

London have confirmed that both Michael Witt and Tony Clubb will both miss the game through injury, both have failed fitness tests. London do include in their 19 on loan Wigan player Rhodri Lloyd who played for the Broncos in their Quarter Final win at Sheffield as well as former Warrior Liam Colbon.

Blackpool_Pie

Re: Squad for CC Semi final

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

As disrespectful as this may be to London, I expect this to be a big score. We should decimate them. Anyone know what numbers they are expecting to bring to Leigh? I hope they come in numbers as this is a big day for their club and I hope they enjoy their day out as much as we will.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Also, just as a side not, the club is saying there are tickets still available, yet the stadium only holds 11k. Does that mean we are struggling to sell our tickets?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Also, just as a side not, the club is saying there are tickets still available, yet the stadium only holds 11k. Does that mean we are struggling to sell our tickets?
No, it means we have sold all ours but Broncos haven't so they have give us more!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I thought they would have been snapped up pretty quickly though
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Be lucky to get 10,000 attending sadly
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Just touching upon what Adam Mac said about Hughes missing out. First of all I agree. But how do people think he's played this year?
IMO he's been poor. I appreciate he's a second rower and has played a decent chunk at centre (he is certainly not a centre), but all in all when he has played I think he's been disappointing compared to last year.
markill

Post by markill »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:Just touching upon what Adam Mac said about Hughes missing out. First of all I agree. But how do people think he's played this year?
IMO he's been poor. I appreciate he's a second rower and has played a decent chunk at centre (he is certainly not a centre), but all in all when he has played I think he's been disappointing compared to last year.
I would probably leave him out too. He hasn't progressed, but I'm not sure why that is. He's played a few games at centre although the majority of his games have been off the bench, where I think he has tried to get involved in games but has been making more errors and missed tackles than you'd probably want.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

And to think he was fantastic in our home game against warrington. Had the measure of trent waterhouse for sure.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan wrote:Be lucky to get 10,000 attending sadly
but at least it will look nearly full on the telly :o