Thornley or Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cow yeds

Re: gelling or thornley??

Post by cow yeds »

Personally I don't rate both of them, it's a problem position, hope we have someone with a bit of class lined up for next season.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

magsnmeg wrote:hi-we are new to the forum and just wondering what peoples opinion are on the Gelling/Thornley position-can't understand why Gelling is playing ahead of Thornley-just wondered what peoples thoughts are??
Thread merged as there was already a three page thread covering this topic

Welcome to the site :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Gelling.... Does anyone get nervous not knowing what Gelling is going to do next?

The games Ive seen have seen Gelling loose the ball on occasions with the way he carries the ball

His direction seems to me to be in any direction he is facing!

Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Gelling.... Does anyone get nervous not knowing what Gelling is going to do next?

The games Ive seen have seen Gelling loose the ball on occasions with the way he carries the ball

His direction seems to me to be in any direction he is facing!
Makes for compulsive viewing WW ! :shoc:

The thing I don't understand is that WE can all see it, yet Wigan, with all their coaching staff on board, don't or haven't changed his ball-carrying style. Would have thought Wane, Rads, Deacs, Harris would have had serious words with him as it could cost us a match.

Second Row

Post by Second Row »

what baffles me in this is that we went into the season without a recognised or established centre and looks like will be the same postion come the end of the season hows that for progress and planning ?
markill

Post by markill »

Second Row wrote:what baffles me in this is that we went into the season without a recognised or established centre and looks like will be the same postion come the end of the season hows that for progress and planning ?
For the first 10 weeks of the season we thought we had solved it, but Thornley couldn't maintain his form or develop his defence. I think as the season has moved, Gelling has shown more development than Gelling. Both have things to work on but neither should be cast a side.

in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
medlocke

Re: Thornley or Gelling

Post by medlocke »

thornleys in again and Gellings not, lets see how many mistakes he doesn't get pulled up on thanks to his wigan heritage :eusa16:
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Isnt half lazy is thornley, you would of thought he would of busted a gut tonight after being left out recently. The lad never looks for work.

Very annoying.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Tonight sorted out who is going to play centre at Wembley.

Gelling must have though it was his birthday.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Bit rough to single out Thornley on tonight's showing when most players were out of sorts.

I'd still feel safer at Wembley with Thornley rather than Gelling.