Warriors song - Wish Fm

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Warriors song - Wish Fm

Post by yokozuna »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:If anyone was actually at the game last Friday, they would have heard it, as it was played as supporters were leaving the ground.
I was at the game but I didn't hear it :(

Busy talking :blush:
Don't believe that... :wink:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Was discussing our forthcoming trip to Cartmel Races on Bank Holiday Monday :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:If anyone was actually at the game last Friday, they would have heard it, as it was played as supporters were leaving the ground.

No doubt, in the posh part!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

NO :angry:

Why would you assume that? You don't know ME!!

I sit in the East Stand, which I have from the start, with ordinary supporters not the cardboard cutouts which are predominantly in the West Stand
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
CougarDeb

Post by CougarDeb »

I sit in the West stand and I'm certainly not posh or a cardboard cutout, just because your'e in the East stand folks it doesn't make you all special supporters.
No Money.... No Honey
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CougarDeb wrote:I sit in the West stand and I'm certainly not posh or a cardboard cutout, just because your'e in the East stand folks it doesn't make you all special supporters.
Debbie I said most of the West stand!

I do have quite a lot of friends in that stand who I know aren't posh & scream their heads off just like the East & South.

But when I was in there, just once I may add, I was frowned upon & told to sit down & be quiet for shouting & singing for Wigan Warriors & that was the week before we were going to Wembley!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CougarDeb wrote:I sit in the West stand and I'm certainly not posh or a cardboard cutout, just because your'e in the East stand folks it doesn't make you all special supporters.
Plus, I never once mentioned 'Special'

TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Matt Swift - Swifty, very good friend of mine, if you think The Wembley Arch is good search for his song 'The Wishing Man', always stuck in my head when I hear it.

Funny story, me and him are in Wetherspoons in Leeds before the Four Nations Final 2011. Both order Full English, he makes it clear he can't have tomatoes on his plate because he is allergic to them. The guy even writes it down and takes it in to the back. Law and behold his breakfast comes out with 2 big juicy tomato's on it.

So if you speak to him just say 'TOMATO!'
Up The Mont!
markill

Post by markill »

I'm sure I saw a tweet asking for fans to go somewhere to film a video for the song. I have no more destils as it was a mid-day on a weekday so I couldn't make it
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
markill

Post by markill »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I was at the game but I didn't hear it :(

NO :angry:

Why would you assume that? You don't know ME!!

I sit in the East Stand, which I have from the start, with ordinary supporters not the cardboard cutouts which are predominantly in the West Stand
I was called posh last Friday at the game. Well the woman sitting in front was calling me posh to her daughter and I picked up on it. I thought it a bit rude for someone I don't know referring to me and my family as posh (and she was being derogatory). We aren't, but we have a much softer regional accent where we're from so maybe thats it.

Anyway, the lad who sits next to me and his mum used to sit in the West, they said they moved over to the East because of similar issues Josie mentions of it being too quiet and getting told to sit down everytime they got up to cheer something or urge the team on.

I wish everystand was as noisey as the away crowds, particularly in big games like the one tomorrow night.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod