No Sam Again

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: No Sam Again

Post by ancientnloyal »

Do we believe what the club say or treat it as spin?

I'd expect him to face Catalan next week for match fitness or else Hull will pepper him with the high bombs
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ancientnloyal wrote:Do we believe what the club say or treat it as spin?

I'd expect him to face Catalan next week for match fitness or else Hull will pepper him with the high bombs
Here is the irony if he plays next week and gets an injury that puts him out of the final. Sorry but resting players only works when you do it in games yu can get away with it.

Wane doing it against the best side in SL is a disgrace.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Are you seeing it as spin then gimble?

How many separate injuries has he had so far this year? He seemed ok to do a photoshoot in London earlier this week which would have involved a lot of travelling and sitting.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Sam won't be playing for Wigan next season so we might as well get used to it.

I don't really care why he is left out...rugby is a team sport and Wigan should be able to player regardless of who is at full back.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ancientnloyal wrote:Are you seeing it as spin then gimble?

How many separate injuries has he had so far this year? He seemed ok to do a photoshoot in London earlier this week which would have involved a lot of travelling and sitting.
Yes - Is he a Wigan player or is he the face of RL in this country and can pick his games.

Atm he is not a Wigan player. I am not accusing him of not trying it just rather than he will play when he is 100% fit or not. Whilst a genuine great of the game will play when 50% fit and take an injection for the pain. He has all the ability in the World but his bottle needs questioning. Ironically i am all for resting the entire side next week. But this week should have played most of the best players. Though Lockers i would not risk with his injury.

Wane thinks that winning the CC will make him this awesome top coach in the mould of Madge. Same as last season we are gong backwards quickly. Restng players for games like Salford, Wakey, Widnes etc i agree with but you do not do it against the top teams and as pointed out we have not beaten any of the top 4 this season.

If we lose to Hull and get blown away in the play offs which look likely then should we have given Wane an extension.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

MrDave wrote:Sam won't be playing for Wigan next season so we might as well get used to it.

I don't really care why he is left out...rugby is a team sport and Wigan should be able to player regardless of who is at full back.
But here is the point he is a Wigan player now apparently. Problem we have is the main combinations in the team will have only played against the Broncos together for the best part of 6 weeks. You can not just turn performaces on and off as oyu want. Leeds build up as the season goes along under Wane we do the opposite.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Players want to win trophies and I think to some of them they don't think of the league leaders shield as a trophy, I don't think it is a trophy either it's pointless. He will give 100 percent in the final and the play offs but till then I suspect they will just not bother
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

The NRL will not put up with him missing so many games, he could end up playing second grade. and once you are there its bloody hard to get back. If Sam is so fragile in super league he will get absolutely hammered in the NRL. Sam when you go take some ice packs and anadin you will need them, they will rain so many high balls to you it will look like its raining rugby balls.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Richymac wrote:Players want to win trophies and I think to some of them they don't think of the league leaders shield as a trophy, I don't think it is a trophy either it's pointless. He will give 100 percent in the final and the play offs but till then I suspect they will just not bother
LLS is meaningless but you need to build momentum for the play offs something we did not do last season. This is a mirror image of last season. A lot thought we were ghosting it this time last season but we were not. Leeds have shown the LLS mean nothing but you need to be playing well come August onwards and we are not.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I hate the fact it was announced he was playing and then he does not play. FALSE ADVERTISING is wrong!

However, if he plays at Wembley and helps us win the CC or even beter also the GF then how many games he is missing now will be irrelevant.

The worry is this became a regular occurence at the end of last season and screwed our GF chances then. Surely we cannot risk players like Sam, Lockers v Cats now next week?