X-factor players to-nite v Hudd - Aftermath thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bocco

Re: X-factor players to-nite v Hudd - Aftermath thread

Post by bocco »

of mcourse he needs to lay off flogging the players this late in the season. He is all stick and no carrot and the players don't respond to the stick all the time.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I don't think the training should be as intense at this time of the year. More game plans should IMO be more important. If the players aren't fit now.....

They sometimes look tired on the pitch before the game has started & as it goes on the tiredness/weariness starts to show :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
h.prescott@yahoo.co.uk

Re: X-factor players to-nite v Hudd

Post by h.prescott@yahoo.co.uk »

I agree - it's beginning to look like last season all over again and the team have already begun a run of losses that look set to continue. There is continual banter about all these 'great young players' Wigan have just brought in. I must have missed something as none of them are anything special!
Owd Codger

Re: X-factor players to-nite v Hudd

Post by Owd Codger »

h.prescott@yaho​o.co.uk​ wrote:I agree - it's beginning to look like last season all over again and the team have already begun a run of losses that look set to continue. There is continual banter about all these 'great young players' Wigan have just brought in. I must have missed something as none of them are anything special!
Bet you and a few more were not saying that earlier in the season.

Opinions in Wigan seem to change like the weather!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Our form has gone out of the window and we look very limited in attack. Charnley's try aside (which was pure individual class), we looked predictable and Huddersfield rarely looked threatened.

We are now two weeks away from the CC final and have to travel to France to try and find some sort of consistency. Meanwhile, Hull FC have gone from strength to strength following their win over wire.

I don't have much confidence in the end of the season being anything other than a massive disappointment.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------