Cats game ???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Cats game ???

Post by cpwigan »

markill wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The game (Final) is so important. From a self interest POV it could mean the difference between a new contract or not for Wane.
Why?
Because if he wins something IL will definitely be looking to retain him. If he fails to get his team to deliver in big games like last season then IL might look elsewhere. I assume that is what CP means anyway.
:eusa2: Exactly. If Wane delivers he gets a new contract.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:I do not see how it would be worth risking the likes of Lockers, Sam etc so close to the final
Following the Huddersfield result why would we not rest players? I wouldn't even let Sam, Lockers, Josh, Pat, Daz, MM, Mossop, H or Faz get on the team bus. The conditions in the South of France will be energy sapping. We could pitch the rest of the senior pros in, with some juniors, and tell them that they are playing for a place in the final. It is obvious that nobody has mentioned it so far given the effort and poor performances that have resulted of late!!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I do not see how it would be worth risking the likes of Lockers, Sam etc so close to the final
Following the Huddersfield result why would we not rest players? I wouldn't even let Sam, Lockers, Josh, Pat, Daz, MM, Mossop, H or Faz get on the team bus. The conditions in the South of France will be energy sapping. We could pitch the rest of the senior pros in, with some juniors, and tell them that they are playing for a place in the final. It is obvious that nobody has mentioned it so far given the effort and poor performances that have resulted of late!!
Following the last couple of games the considerations are different. I think we all expected our best team to play full 80 minutes in both the KR and Huddersfield game and our form and momentum to build from that point of view so a week off for a few players wouldn't kill the rythym and would be no bad thing. Now, we have no rythym and there are key players with little match fitness going into Wembley. We need to play as many players as we can, especially those key to the attacking flow that Wane wants us to play. Maybe you could rest a Mossop or a Hansen, but the likes of Lockers, Smith, Green and Sam need games together.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

No weakened team v Catalans according to BBC quoting wane.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Shaun Wane as said he will be selecting his strongest possible squad to take to Framce, with Tomkins,Smith and O Loughlin all set to return
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Brain dead :roll: If anything happens to Lockers or Sam he will be in deep poop!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/23667056

Wanes comments re the Hubcap are frightening. He is living in cloud cuckoo land.
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Wane has got to get his team back into form and playing as we know they can.
Unfortunately, throwing games away by not picking his full squad, particularly against Stains in order to beat London 70-0, leaves no opportunity other than Catalans to get them back into form. Beware if he does not pick an almost full team.
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

CpWigan , do you not think they need the gametime before such an important game?
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Game time required is my thought process for Sam, Lockers etc
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

pie eater and proud of it wrote:Game time required is my thought process for Sam, Lockers etc
Neither need game time as was proved by their semi-final performances, they are so good that they simply slot straight back in. Like it or loathe it all our eggs are in the Wembley basket at the moment and only one man can decide how we should approach this weekends game given the importance of the Hull match.

I agree with CPW, and as I have said before Lockers and Sam would not even be getting on the team bus - I would want all the aces in my hand! As for the others, it is down to whether Waney thinks certain players need a game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards