Sam staying???????

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kaii

Re: Sam staying???????

Post by Kaii »

The NZ Warriors deal still doesn't make sense compared to a Union switch, they aren't going to win anything soon and a little lad like him will be eaten up by the opposition. His speed and movement isn't that special in the NRL, union on the other hand is more money and easier life
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

DaveO wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:There's only one place Sam is going IF and when he comes back.Straight to London to play union.Fans have been played like a fiddle and taken in by lies by IL SW and ST.
I am sure if you look closely at what was said none of them will have ever lied over this.
Don't forget IL only ever said Sam could not talk to other clubs. IL didn't say he (IL) wouldn't sell him!

Now is such spin worthy of our club? No. Not in my opinion.

When IL said Sam could not talk to other clubs I certainly don't remember anyone pointing out he hadn't actually said he would not be sold. I am sure everyone took the statements about retaining Sam at face value.

Just for the record here are the quotes from the web site:

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news

It's all about retention and a long term deal. Note however the headline is "Sam Commits to Wigan", not "Wigan commits to Sam"!

There will be two excuses if Sam leaves:

1. There is no point keeping a player who wants away.
2. Wigan never said the club would not sell him.

Excuse 1 is not acceptable when you go to the press to announce his retention with a deal including a gagging clause. It would prove you even weaker than already perceived in regard to the clubs ability to retain players.

Excuse 2 would be disingenuous B/S of the highest order for reasons mentioned above.

However I am sure some happy-clapper somewhere will put forward these excuses claiming IL has not actually misled the fans or at least didn't actually lie. As if that would make either acceptable.

Sorry but they have Il began his lies the minute he signed Sam on a 5 year contract then him and SW went about ACTIVELY finding (sending his wife with sams mum to nz) him another club Sw lied not 3 weeks ago in a TV interview stated that he expected sam to still be here next season knowing damn well he would not. Sam although not said much has lied about his intentions in going to NZ. [/b][/b]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
DaveO wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:There's only one place Sam is going IF and when he comes back.Straight to London to play union.Fans have been played like a fiddle and taken in by lies by IL SW and ST.
I am sure if you look closely at what was said none of them will have ever lied over this.
Don't forget IL only ever said Sam could not talk to other clubs. IL didn't say he (IL) wouldn't sell him!

Now is such spin worthy of our club? No. Not in my opinion.

When IL said Sam could not talk to other clubs I certainly don't remember anyone pointing out he hadn't actually said he would not be sold. I am sure everyone took the statements about retaining Sam at face value.

Just for the record here are the quotes from the web site:

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news

It's all about retention and a long term deal. Note however the headline is "Sam Commits to Wigan", not "Wigan commits to Sam"!

There will be two excuses if Sam leaves:

1. There is no point keeping a player who wants away.
2. Wigan never said the club would not sell him.

Excuse 1 is not acceptable when you go to the press to announce his retention with a deal including a gagging clause. It would prove you even weaker than already perceived in regard to the clubs ability to retain players.

Excuse 2 would be disingenuous B/S of the highest order for reasons mentioned above.

However I am sure some happy-clapper somewhere will put forward these excuses claiming IL has not actually misled the fans or at least didn't actually lie. As if that would make either acceptable.

Sorry but they have Il began his lies the minute he signed Sam on a 5 year contract then him and SW went about ACTIVELY finding (sending his wife with sams mum to nz) him another club Sw lied not 3 weeks ago in a TV interview stated that he expected sam to still be here next season knowing damn well he would not. Sam although not said much has lied about his intentions in going to NZ.
I am being the devils advocate here but unless it comes out that IL and/or SW went about finding him another club all you will get about that from the IL/Wane lovers is "Where is the evidence?".

The fact Wane said he expected Sam to be here next season may have been a lie but he could claim he knew nothing different unless that comes out as well.

All I am saying is I reckon some people will try and excuse these actions because they never gave a concrete assurance they would not sell Sam.

That would be B/S but I can see it coming.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Dave is right. We will be given the biggest pile of spin (excuses / technicalities) ever seen outside of Westminster when it is announced. However, everybody knows what is happening, even Crowe made a joke of it when being interviewed by Sam at the Man Of Steel Premiere. Ultimately, the way Wigan RLFC fans have been treated is nothing short of disgraceful.
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

Guys I know the NZ Warriors deal isn't good news for Wigan Fans.

But to quote Brad Pits Character in Moneyball " Give it to them straight....which would you rather five shots to the chest or one straight to the head "

Well one of our trickier Media personalities Darcy Waldergrave ( respected by NZ WArriors staff because he is a cheerleader and fierce defender of the club publicly got what amounts to a caught off guard confession from Warriors Assistant coach Andrew Macfadden

http://radiosport.co.nz/player/ondemand ... deal-done-
jobo

Post by jobo »

The more stuff like this comes out, the more unprofessional, ridiculous and shady our esteemed chairman looks.

Tomkins is in a no win position. A good few of the fans are going to hate him now, as he appears to have been economical with the truth, when it all could have been avoided, just by him being allowed to come clean right from the beginning. I for one wouldn't have blamed IFL for letting him go or blamed Sam for going but the way it's been managed is just taking the p!ss out of the fans.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

MT Smart wrote:Guys I know the NZ Warriors deal isn't good news for Wigan Fans.

But to quote Brad Pits Character in Moneyball " Give it to them straight....which would you rather five shots to the chest or one straight to the head "

Well one of our trickier Media personalities Darcy Waldergrave ( respected by NZ WArriors staff because he is a cheerleader and fierce defender of the club publicly got what amounts to a caught off guard confession from Warriors Assistant coach Andrew Macfadden
http://radiosport.co.nz/player/ondemand ... deal-done-

Fixed your link :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

jobo wrote:
The more stuff like this comes out, the more unprofessional, ridiculous and shady our esteemed chairman looks.

Tomkins is in a no win position. A good few of the fans are going to hate him now, as he appears to have been economical with the truth, when it all could have been avoided, just by him being allowed to come clean right from the beginning. I for one wouldn't have blamed IFL for letting him go or blamed Sam for going but the way it's been managed is just
taking the p!ss out of the fans.

Unfortunately, Sam has had very little say in all of this !
Sorry, but can't say too much more on this natter (for now).
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

jobo wrote:

Tomkins is in a no win position. A good few of the fans are going to hate him now, as he appears to have been economical with the truth, when it all could have been avoided, just by him being allowed to come clean right from the beginning. I for one wouldn't have blamed IFL for letting him go or blamed Sam for going but the way it's been managed is just taking the p!ss out of the fans.
Exactly, far better to be open and honest in this situation or similar ones. I do think as Dave O has said elsewhere IL / Wane will try squirm their way out hiding behind technicalities / wording of previous statement but that will not / should not fool Wiganers. No wonder we no longer hasve fans forums, can you imagine Wane explaining how his Mrs accompanies Mrs Tomkins Snr on a free jaunt to NZ funded by the NZ Warriors.