Why are we persevering with this average bloke!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Why are we persevering with this average bloke!

Post by Kittwazzer »

AncientWarrior wrote:Why are we persevering with these average so-called supporters? This is my first post for a very long time but I am sorry to discover that the same malcontents are still peddling the same drivel. If the owner, coaches, fitness staff, tea-ladies and players are so useless then why on earth do they continue to "support" the team?
The 'usual suspects' (they and everyone else know who they are) need to take a step back and see what has been and is being achieved at this club.
IMO it is a beacon of excellence in a sport and competition which is elsewhere dying on its feet.
Get a grip and become real supporters!!!
THIS!!!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:
AncientWarrior wrote:Why are we persevering with these average so-called supporters? This is my first post for a very long time but I am sorry to discover that the same malcontents are still peddling the same drivel. If the owner, coaches, fitness staff, tea-ladies and players are so useless then why on earth do they continue to "support" the team?
The 'usual suspects' (they and everyone else know who they are) need to take a step back and see what has been and is being achieved at this club.
IMO it is a beacon of excellence in a sport and competition which is elsewhere dying on its feet.
Get a grip and become real supporters!!!
THIS!!!
AND THIS!!
By all accounts Blake Green shoved your comments up your back passage KW so wind your smug neck in.
You can be so Irishman of the North at times!!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Green worthy MoM for my money, just edging Micky Mac.

Smith was very measured and professional which was excellent to see but Green had a bit of X-factor tonight.

Also Gelling kept hold and looked dangerous, great hands to put Josh in as well. Flower...awesome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Gelling is a right sided player. He did very well tonight. I could be smug and be silly wagging my finger metaphorically in I told you so just like I said Powell should not be playing. What has Tom Spencer done to be treated like he has this season?

I am happy we won but this sudden rush of 'glory hunter postings' is sad :D
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

cpwigan wrote:Gelling is a right sided player. He did very well tonight. I could be smug and be silly wagging my finger metaphorically in I told you so just like I said Powell should not be playing. What has Tom Spencer done to be treated like he has this season?

Agree with you to a point CP.
I know it's human behaviour, but fans are fans and take results/performances on a match to match basis, so judgements made either rubbish or superb. Just see the forum since the last week or so.

It's difficult in this sport, but fans do want continuous success, and they do react with dismay to a poor run of scores or a poor performance, but sometimes sport is like that and looking to the long run is often forgotten by passionate fans, who stump up their cash to witness it.

Agree with you all along re Powell. A vital position for us as we lack size and firepower there but he's a long way from being the answer. I think we've actually missed Prescott since his injuries with no suitable replacement, when you see how Lauaki has misfired as well.

The pack tonight seemed to regain some of its early season power and aggression - I don't know where it came from, tbh.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

cpwigan wrote:Gelling is a right sided player. He did very well tonight. I could be smug and be silly wagging my finger metaphorically in I told you so just like I said Powell should not be playing. What has Tom Spencer done to be treated like he has this season?

cpw, you have been proved right, not just about Gelling, but Green too. You not only said "give him a chance" when some were writing him off, but said he is a righty - did you notice he played more on the right tonight? Maybe SW reads your posts :D
The 'glory hunter' jibe may apply to some, but there are some of us who have consistently wanted to give SW a chance, and tonight it felt good to (possibly?) be proved right too.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

This is me eating humble pie again.Played a blinder.Perhaps I should shut my mouth and accept that the coach understands his players better than I do.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

KOOCH wrote:This is me eating humble pie again.Played a blinder.Perhaps I should shut my mouth and accept that the coach understands his players better than I do.
Keep doing it :lol:

If all the criticism gives the players the motivation and imputus to shut the arm chair critics and those in the the gantry up - then more of it

Nothing worse than a side written off, labelled as no hopers and just making up the play-off numbers for those "better" teams around them. Let's hope they keep it going
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

When Gelling first came to the club, it was known that his true position was that of a right centre!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote:

cpw, you have been proved right, not just about Gelling, but Green too. You not only said "give him a chance" when some were writing him off, but said he is a righty - did you notice he played more on the right tonight? Maybe SW reads your posts :D
The 'glory hunter' jibe may apply to some, but there are some of us who have consistently wanted to give SW a chance, and tonight it felt good to (possibly?) be proved right too.
Why when it comes to the selection of the centres did Wane get it right? You do realise whenever Goulding is fit our esteemed coach is about as likely to pick Gelling on the left as Thornley? The only reason Gelling played on the right is because Goulding wasn't fit, not because Wane chose to play him there.

If he has realised Gelling must play on the right then it's all about who is better on the right, Goulding or Gelling.