Wigan Signings!!!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
AdamMac

Re: Wigan Signings!!!

Post by AdamMac »

How much out of interest do people think sam Tomkins gets paid by wigan?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:In previous seasons, as an example, we have been outbid by Warrington (Rachford, Hill, Morley), what a difference they would have made to us! It is imperative that IFL splashes the cash if the sporting public of Wigan are to be encouraged to spend their hard earned income on supporting the team. In my view, he should make a statement by signing Kirmond from Wakefield (named in the dream team) and an antipodean centre.
I agree. IL needs to sign with a view to strengthening the squad not just plugging the gaps left by his selling activities.

There are areas where it is weak before we consider the players leaving and this needs to be addressed with some experienced players. Players like Sargison and Hopkins are as inexperienced as Thornley and Gelling for example.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

AdamMac wrote:How much out of interest do people think sam Tomkins gets paid by wigan?
Exactly? No idea. We do know he is the highest paid player at the club. IL said exactly that when he announced his new cast iron 3 year/5 year deal.

So come to think of it that could be B/S too!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
AdamMac wrote:How much out of interest do people think sam Tomkins gets paid by wigan?
Exactly? No idea. We do know he is the highest paid player at the club. IL said exactly that when he announced his new cast iron 3 year/5 year deal.

No idea how much Wigan shell out but I recall hearing a figure of £300K in total with all his media work
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He is our highest paid player and reportedly on £300,000 approx
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO wrote:

Not only at the club Dave, when his mega (for RL) contract was announced didn't IL say he was the highest paid player in the Superleague. I always had the impression that he was getting over salary cap payments under the guise of advertising stints for both Sky and Red Hall.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

When can clubs officially announce the signings of out of contract players? Is it usually once there seasons commitments are over?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If we are at the point at which we're worried about Saints' collection of hit and hope signings I think we're worrying too much. We must have a huge amount of salary cap to play with. It may take a while, but let's wait and see. I'm guessing there are some very talented Kiwis coming our way. Add Matt Bowen, who is playing like a superstar currently, and we''ll b every competitive.
Of course if we go into the new season 800k under the cap, questions should be asked. I have seen no worrying signings from our competitors,
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:If we are at the point at which we're worried about Saints' collection of hit and hope signings I think we're worrying too much. We must have a huge amount of salary cap to play with. It may take a while, but let's wait and see. I'm guessing there are some very talented Kiwis coming our way. Add Matt Bowen, who is playing like a superstar currently, and we''ll b every competitive.
Of course if we go into the new season 800k under the cap, questions should be asked. I have seen no worrying signings from our competitors,
Kevin Penny and Matt Dawson don't fill you with dread then? :lol:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
If we assume that Pettybourne and Hopkins are direct replacements for Mossop and Tuson then, given my rough calculation, that would still leave us circa £800k available under the salary cap - with that we should be in a position to attract some top players.
I get your overall point, but doesn't your £800k calculation also assume that the young lads who have developed this year (Sam P, Crosby, Taylor, Dudson, Hughes, Logan, Burke etc) stay on the same pay? Surely a chunk of that must go to them if we're not going to repeat the mistakes of the past (i.e. losing the likes of Long, Robinson, Brown and others - in part because we tried to keep them on low pay for too long).
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐