PLEASE IL do the decent thing!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: PLEASE IL do the decent thing!!!

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

So do people think what Koukash is doing at Salford is the right thing to do and would like to see that at Wigan?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The best thing to happen to Salford since the 70's
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:The best thing to happen to Salford since the 70's
Lets see if you're saying the same thing this time next season!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Actually, he's the only thing to happen to Salford since the 70s. But let's see if you're saying the same thing this time next season!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Actually, he's the only thing to happen to Salford since the 70s. But let's see if you're saying the same thing this time next season!
Salford will reach a final next season
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:So do people think what Koukash is doing at Salford is the right thing to do and would like to see that at Wigan?
Depends what you mean. I posted in General RL about their latest signing that he is doing what he has to do to get Salford competitive and in doing so clearly has been prepared to spend.

We already are competitive so IL doesn't have to buy a new team but I believe IL doesn't think we need to spend at all (or spend relatively little) so would not enter a bidding war for Chase for example despite cash in the bank.

Since I always want to see the best players at Wigan in that sense I think IL has it wrong if that is his attitude.

I get the impression even when Koukash has his team for 2014 he won't be afraid to move for and pay for a better player if one comes available. That is what Wigan used to do.
TrueBlueWarrior

Us, Leeds, Hudds, Wire, Stains and Hull will all still be better than Salford next season in my opinion.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:
So detail never means length :wink: struck me you 'tried' to be 'clever' and came unstuck. Must Try Harder! :roll:
cp, will you please stop posting snide asides about people who are posting.

please comment on the content of their posts, not the motivation of the posters.

There are far fewer conspiracies and cliques out there than you suspect, and we've been down this road before.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Mike wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
So detail never means length :wink: struck me you 'tried' to be 'clever' and came unstuck. Must Try Harder! :roll:
cp, will you please stop posting snide asides about people who are posting.

please comment on the content of their posts, not the motivation of the posters.

There are far fewer conspiracies and cliques out there than you suspect, and we've been down this road before.
Well said Mike
TrueBlueWarrior

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:So do people think what Koukash is doing at Salford is the right thing to do and would like to see that at Wigan?
Depends what you mean. I posted in General RL about their latest signing that he is doing what he has to do to get Salford competitive and in doing so clearly has been prepared to spend.

We already are competitive so IL doesn't have to buy a new team but I believe IL doesn't think we need to spend at all (or spend relatively little) so would not enter a bidding war for Chase for example despite cash in the bank.

Since I always want to see the best players at Wigan in that sense I think IL has it wrong if that is his attitude.

I get the impression even when Koukash has his team for 2014 he won't be afraid to move for and pay for a better player if one comes available. That is what Wigan used to do.
From the players signed by Salford who would you have liked to have seen at Wigan?
Is a Bankroller like Koukash what SL needs right now?
Is he here for the long haul?
Is he bending the SC rules?

I think it is very exciting for SL and great that we will have another competitive team but I question the reliability and longevity of Koukash, having said that he does seem here for the long haul which I hope he is!!