Re: At 16-2 down, who thought we were done for?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I honestly thought we had our last orders when Wire went 16-2 up, what a way to get back through Goulding we certainly needed that
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I just knew we would win!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

My head said we were done for, but my heart was saying that if we get the next try...
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I thought it was curtains. Even texted the wife in order to prepare her for grumpy Dad and lad returning home. Never done that before.

Mind you just before half time and when we scored my son said "Dad, Wire are knackered".

He was right!

southernpie

Post by southernpie »

We had had some good chances and field position prior to their 3 tries, so at that point I still had belief. I thought if they scored again that would be too much, but if we were within 18 points come the 60 minute mark, then we would win. When Daz went in just before half time I was flying all the way to the end
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
FAIRWARRIOR

Post by FAIRWARRIOR »

I thought if we scored before half time and be the first to score second half we would do it....
I made a trip to the park and touched the statue before I set off for Old Trafford....as I always do before big games... It worked again :D
Well done boys! Self belief reigns! :D
Vicar of Dibley

Post by Vicar of Dibley »

I thought they would do it if they scored next - and they did!!!Well Done Lads.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

At one point in the first half I thought Silverwood was under instruction from RFL. He seemed to let them off with everything, offside, not square.....etc

Wire tries seemed to come from our unfortunate defensive errors. 16-6 at HT I could live with. I reckoned that if we could score first after the restart we'd have a chance. Never occurred to me Wire would never score again! :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote: Wire tries seemed to come from our unfortunate defensive errors. 16-6 at HT I could live with. I reckoned that if we could score first after the restart we'd have a chance.
I was gutted it wasn't 16-8 as I felt that might have taken the win out of their sails a bit.
Never occurred to me Wire would never score again! :lol:
Me either.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

PorterjohLam wrote:We needed to score next. Oddly I felt we had enough chances to be battering them, even in the 1st half. 2nd half we made them stick.
And sick! :lol: