Shaun Wane walks into a bar...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
willie c

Re: Shaun Wane walks into a bar...

Post by willie c »

Just wonder how many on here that wanted wane sacked early on this season feel the same way this morning
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
markill

Post by markill »

Can't criticise Wane for not being able to win the big games and beat the best teams and play 'playoff'/knockout rugby against the best now. We were right to ask the questions we did in July with what we were seeing, but he has answered those questions from the Cup final through the playoffs to last night. Great stuff. Well chuffed.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

just checked my sky bet account forgot i put a bet on last week for wigan to win by 14 to 15 points, 10 to 1 £30 to win £300 up ta very much Skybet, thanks Warriors you made my weekend
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jolleymike wrote:just checked my sky bet account forgot i put a bet on last week for wigan to win by 14 to 15 points, 10 to 1 £30 to win £300 up ta very much Skybet, thanks Warriors you made my weekend
My nephew backed Green for MoM, Micky Mc try anytime and has just scored £150 on the NRL final. Beats me why he bothers going to work! :lol:
willie c

Post by willie c »

PorterjohLam wrote:
willie c wrote:Just wonder how many on here that wanted wane sacked early on this season feel the same way this morning
Humbled. I was completely wrong.
well said big of you respect to you :D
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

BBC Sports Personality of the Year - Team of the Year?

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

yokozuna wrote:BBC Sports Personality of the Year - Team of the Year?

I like it :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

yokozuna wrote:BBC Sports Personality of the Year - Team of the Year?
Definitely should be - but then again, did anyone notice who were team of the year at the Man of Steel awards?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote: 'Ey up, Charlie! I'm a Yorkshire lass (tho married a pie eater, said he came to Yorkshire to increase the average IQ here and lower it in Lancashire). We've been cheering the lads on in Cawood Park caravan site bar near Selby - lots of Cas Halifax fans all supporting Wigan. Ease off on the "lesser shire" stuff and have a good time in Russia x
Married a Yorkshire lass myself. Had photos taken on the border with me in Lancashire and her in Yorkshire!
Strangely enough, I had a discussion along these lines with some Cas fans in the pub this afternoon.

My grandad went to look for work in Yorkshire just after WWI, as a result, all his 6 kids were born there including my mother and were staunch Yorkists. If ever Wigan were playing a Yorkshire team on TV, we would be supporting opposite teams!

For my uncles 80th birthday some years ago, they took him to the DW to watch Wigan play Sheffield United. He agreed to go only on the condition he went into the Sheffield end! :)
As the aforesaid husband, I must say this Yorkshire lass was as chuffed as I was when we won last night. Both our sons were born in Batley and are ardent Wigan fans, though one is a Yorkshireman and the other supports Lancashire at cricket! From an early age I taught them to cheer when we passed the red rose on the M62 !
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Vicar of Dibley

Post by Vicar of Dibley »

morley pie eater wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote: Married a Yorkshire lass myself. Had photos taken on the border with me in Lancashire and her in Yorkshire!
Strangely enough, I had a discussion along these lines with some Cas fans in the pub this afternoon.

My grandad went to look for work in Yorkshire just after WWI, as a result, all his 6 kids were born there including my mother and were staunch Yorkists. If ever Wigan were playing a Yorkshire team on TV, we would be supporting opposite teams!

For my uncles 80th birthday some years ago, they took him to the DW to watch Wigan play Sheffield United. He agreed to go only on the condition he went into the Sheffield end! :)
As the aforesaid husband, I must say this Yorkshire lass was as chuffed as I was when we won last night. Both our sons were born in Batley and are ardent Wigan fans, though one is a Yorkshireman and the other supports Lancashire at cricket! From an early age I taught them to cheer when we passed the red rose on the M62 !
Nearly 39 years married and this is what I've had to put up with! Either he's got me brainwashed too, or it must be love :inlo: