Sydney Roosters it is!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Sydney Roosters it is!!!

Post by josie andrews »

cow yeds wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I've seen a deal at £1264 for flight + 12 nights :)

https://www.expedia.co.uk/Details?actio ... 014-03-03&
That seems a bargain, just wish the link would work. :conf:
Sorry, they have a time elapsed thing :(

But I went on cheap flights to Oz first, netflights.com & when I scrolled down it came up then sent you to another site hope this helps :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Jonnilo

Post by Jonnilo »

Up to now, ive found 10 days from 17th to 27th feb for £950 in a 4 star hotel just outside the city centre, going wait for it to be confirmed and then book.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Jonnilo wrote:Up to now, ive found 10 days from 17th to 27th feb for £950 in a 4 star hotel just outside the city centre, going wait for it to be confirmed and then book.
Cheapest flights Ive found so far using the ITA software search is £870 so that is a bargain
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

MINICHIELLO: I'D LOVE TO HOST WIGAN

Sydney Roosters captain Anthony Minichiello says the NRL champions would welcome the chance to host Wigan Warriors in the 2014 World Club Challenge.

Super League clubs have staged the annual challenge match ever since it was revived in 2000 but the next one has been pencilled in for Sydney's former football stadium on the weekend of February 22.

"We'd welcome the idea for sure," Minichiello told Press Association Sport. "Obviously for a number of years we've been travelling over to the UK, but we'd love to have it in our home town.

"Obviously Wigan won the double this year so they're a great team and it will be a great match."

Minichiello, handed the captaincy by incoming former Catalan Dragons coach Trent Robinson at the start of the year, led from the front as the Roosters secured the minor premiership before beating Manly Sea Eagles in the Grand Final.

"It's been an amazing year," he said. "It was not a good year the year before but we had new staff and new players come in and we just sort of grew as the year went on.

"To win the premiership has been a massive achievement and another career highlight of mine."

http://www.superleague.co.uk/article/29 ... e-to-host?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
joeb

Post by joeb »

Is the flight with stop over or is it stop just to refuel if it has a stop over is it Singapore
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

If it helps i've used Skyscanner.net many times,they have Manchester to Sydney 14 days for £849.Good price i thought.

ps:from 17th Feb till 3rd March
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:If it helps i've used Skyscanner.net many times,they have Manchester to Sydney 14 days for £849.Good price i thought.

That's the dates I was looking at :)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote:
platt-warrior wrote:If it helps i've used Skyscanner.net many times,they have Manchester to Sydney 14 days for £849.Good price i thought.

Those are the dates I was looking at :)
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

http://stevemascord.com/tag/2014-world-club-challenge/

if you read down.to the 5th paragraph he talks about the world club, is it definently in Austrailia? i presume he is an aussie journalist and the article was from 5 days ago
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

RobWigan wrote: http://stevemascord.com/tag/2014-world-club-challenge/

if you read down.to the 5th paragraph he talks about the world club, is it definently in Austrailia? i presume he is an aussie journalist and the article was from 5 days ago
He is certainly a very well respected journo worldwide albeir he is an Aussie.

Perth seems an absurd idea. Surely it has to be Sydney.