ENGLAND

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Aluaka

Re: ENGLAND

Post by Aluaka »

We know that the Wigan lads will handle the big match pressure - but we also know that the Leeds, Warrington, Hull and Huddersfield contingent can't handle the pressure! :wink:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gene ... 92979.html

Dave Hadfield in "i" - well worth reading.

Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
KOOCH wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Wished he been signed as a youngster by Wigan as he is a great player and captain in spite of playing for the Whino's
I was disturbed when seeing the result.But I'm even more disturbed by your statement.Are you for real :conf:
Yes, I have been real for over forty years, and I judge a player on how good he is, irrespective of who he plays for.

Too many call him, just because he plays for the Whino's, but would they do so if he had signed for Wigan.

I think not!

Sinfield is without any doubt the most overrated overhyped player I have seen in watching RL for over 50 years.He has never been able to hold down a test place even though he has been tried in several positions.Neither has he ever been strongly considered for Mos either by RL writers or his peers.He is and always has been too slow for an international 6 or 7 and not robust enough for a back row forward.Had he not played for Leeds and been the blue eyed boy of Stevo and company he would have been just another good clubman.And now at 32 he is brought in as Skipper of the national team by a coach who was also overrated and is clueless in his present post
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

oldhooker wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
KOOCH wrote:I was disturbed when seeing the result.But I'm even more disturbed by your statement.Are you for real :conf:
Yes, I have been real for over forty years, and I judge a player on how good he is, irrespective of who he plays for.

Too many call him, just because he plays for the Whino's, but would they do so if he had signed for Wigan.

I think not!

Sinfield is without any doubt the most overrated overhyped player I have seen in watching RL for over 50 years.He has never been able to hold down a test place even though he has been tried in several positions.Neither has he ever been strongly considered for Mos either by RL writers or his peers.He is and always has been too slow for an international 6 or 7 and not robust enough for a back row forward.Had he not played for Leeds and been the blue eyed boy of Stevo and company he would have been just another good clubman.And now at 32 he is brought in as Skipper of the national team by a coach who was also overrated and is clueless in his present post
Thouroughly agree, good post!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

Sinfield certainly didn't do anything for England on Saturday that was worthy of mentioning - and his kicking was not great!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It makes the golden boot stupidity seem even more farcical.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
KOOCH wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Wished he been signed as a youngster by Wigan as he is a great player and captain in spite of playing for the Whino's
I was disturbed when seeing the result.But I'm even more disturbed by your statement.Are you for real :conf:

I think not!
What do you want a gold medal?I've been supporting wigan since I was taken to my first game in 1956 think that trumps your 40.As for Sinfield the simple answer is no I would not nor ever would wish to see him in our colours.End of!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I actually like Sinfield the man & the player BUT IMO he is a loose forward and nothing more particularly as he has aged, whatsmore I think he is a loose forward of a few seasons ago, defending out wide & 3rd playmaker. His defence btw can be a major weakness as he likes to read defence and jumps the line slightly. Manly in one of the WCC exploited this trait big time particularly IIRC with Whatmough.

IMO KS is an excellent club man / captain but at this stage if I had to choose a LF I would choose Lockers before him every time AND I would choose neither as a half back.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

More than anything a team is about just that THE TEAM. I actually think Chase is a potential match winner but he is a maverick, a free spirit. To that end he needs a half that offers the busy bee, directing / organising approach that he does not offer. You have to be 'born' into that role like Briers, like Brough, like Matty Smith and I am not advocating those players just giving examples. It is no coincidence Salford are marrying Chase with a busy bee director / organiser even better RIGHT sided Tim Smith. (Something Matty offers too A RIGHTY)
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Sinfield is no captain plus he doesn't deserve his place if he going to play at half back how could they pick him over Matty Smith. As a loose forward Lockers would be a starter so the whole finding him a spot is just plain stupid.