World Club Challenge Confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jonnilo

Re: World Club Challenge Confirmed

Post by Jonnilo »

think the PNG game is a poor idea for fans traveling to aus, maybe the fans will want to see it but after looking at prices its over £200 to fly to PNG from Sydney and back its not worth it. The club should look into playing a lower league team in sydney.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Jonnilo wrote:think the PNG game is a poor idea for fans traveling to aus, maybe the fans will want to see it but after looking at prices its over £200 to fly to PNG from Sydney and back its not worth it. The club should look into playing a lower league team in sydney.
You are right in term of the logistics and costs for fans but from a PR point of view playing PNG in Port Moresby is just an epic idea.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The most famous Rugby League club in the world playing the only nation to have Rugby League as its national game.

Hope this unique occasion its well covered by the media.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
Jonnilo wrote:think the PNG game is a poor idea for fans traveling to aus, maybe the fans will want to see it but after looking at prices its over £200 to fly to PNG from Sydney and back its not worth it. The club should look into playing a lower league team in sydney.
You are right in term of the logistics and costs for fans but from a PR point of view playing PNG in Port Moresby is just an epic idea.
I agree. The people over there use to flock to see the GB touring team. IFL might view this as an opportunity to strengthen our links over there (beyond Lammy) and who knows it could lead to several players coming to Wigan in the future rather than going to Aus.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

PNG would be historic, Wigan RLFC is about creating history.

If they go I hope they make a documentary about it. There is a good one somewhere re GB going there with teargas being set off to quell the PNGs.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

if this happens im there! an extra 200 on top of the expense of getting to aus doesn't sound too bad percentage-wise. trip of a lifetime!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

when's this going to be confirmed by the club. need confirmed dates and locations for all matches begore anyone can book travel.

needs to be a major priority at the club to sort this and announce info asap
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I've just bought a house :eusa17:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Has the Aussie season kicked off when we play the WCC, I'm working on getting a pass to go of the wife and was thinking if I did mange to twist her arm if I could take in another game as well, maybe even watch Sam pat or mossop while over there.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

gillysmyhero wrote:Has the Aussie season kicked off when we play the WCC, I'm working on getting a pass to go of the wife and was thinking if I did mange to twist her arm if I could take in another game as well, maybe even watch Sam pat or mossop while over there.
No, don't they usually start about 3 or 4 weeks after us?

There is the nines tournament over in NZ before the WCC tho :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan