Time for a divorse Mrs Carney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Time for a divorse Mrs Carney

Post by DaveO »

According to the news on the total rl web site Carney wants Wigan to release him from his contract next year so he can get a feel for playing in the NRL with Newcastle prior to joining his queensland club in 2007.

What an unprofessional git.

He has got what he wanted in 2007, a chance to play in the NRL but unlike other players who understand they must see out their commitments to their current clubs he doesn't even want to do that.

Has Logan, Richards, Feca or Fletcher asked to quit their clubs early? Are they taking it easy or playing poorly for their current clubs before coming here?

No.

I was hoping he would get fit and like the four players mentioned above do his best for the club before taking up his new challenge but no, not Brian.

If this is his attitude I'd not play him again this season and give his place to someone who wants it.

I'd then give him the option of getting out of his contract at no cost to the club and bid him good riddance.

I hope he doesn't pull the shirt on again to be honest.

He certainly won't be remembered as a Wigan great with this attitude.
mrs_carney

Re: Time for a divorse Mrs Car...

Post by mrs_carney »

I read this earlier today. It's pretty obvious he doesn't like it here at wigan, i just wonder whats changed since he first came here because he loved it. I suppose every player wants to play the best rugby and hes got the chance to do it hes just let the chance go to his head. I thought he'd want a year in the NRL before joining Gold Coast. Just going to have to wish him Good Luck, but i'm annoyed at the way hes gone about doing this. He went public saying he wanted to go to the NRL and i thought that was good of him, but now i think he's gone overboard. I hoped he would see out his contract at wigan and re-discover his 2003 form, but with this attitude he can just go. In the situation we are in we don't need a player who wants to be at the other side of the world.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
ChrisA

Re: Time for a divorse Mrs Car...

Post by ChrisA »

I really am annoyed at what he has said publicly, he has shown no commitment at all to the Wigan cause by doing so, I was hoping his poor efforts this term when he has played were down to lack of games and fitness, it now looks like he just doesnt give a toss. At least Lindsay didnt really seem to be to impressed by it all, it looks like Carney and his problems are the least of his concerns. Read his comments below.

‘We are just going to concentrate on the next few weeks, consolidating our position in Super League, and not making decisions about next season,’

Like I have said before, if he doesnt want to be here and play for Wigan, then I dont want to pay money to watch him, let him go and find a replacement, if he goes it releases up plenty of cash under the salary cap to find a decent centre to play inside Pat Richards.
DaveO

Re: Time for a divorse Mrs...

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
I thought he'd want a year in the NRL before joining Gold Coast. Just going to have to wish him Good Luck, but i'm annoyed at the way hes gone about doing this.
Had he done as you say below then I would have wished him good luck but now I don't care one way or the other. I'd be quite happy if he didn't pull the shirt on again this season i.e. ever again for Wigan RLFC.

I'd rather have one of the young wingers who show enthusiasm playing. On his current form this season we would not be that much worse off anyway.
He went public saying he wanted to go to the NRL and i thought that was good of him, but now i think he's gone overboard. I hoped he would see out his contract at wigan and re-discover his 2003 form, but with this attitude he can just go. In the situation we are in we don't need a player who wants to be at the other side of the world.
I have no problem with players wanting to move on when their contract is up. I am sure I will be disapointed some players decide to do that in the future but it is their call and it is all you can ask that they hold their end of the bargain should they decide to do so.

But Carney is acting a like a spoilt brat and I don't know why.

One last season of performances we know he is capbale of would leave us with great memorirs of a very good player.

However coming out with this just makes you think he doesn't want to play for us and he won't be fondly remembered for that at all.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

DaveO posted:
I'd rather have one of the young wingers who show enthusiasm playing. On his current form this season we would not be that much worse off anyway.
I think Colbon had a cracking game on Saturday and Carney certainly wouldnt have scored that try. He is definately one i would like to keep and give him more chances next season. He still has a lot to learn, but even players like Radlinski are still learning.
I have no problem with players wanting to move on when their contract is up. I am sure I will be disapointed some players decide to do that in the future but it is their call and it is all you can ask that they hold their end of the bargain should they decide to do so.
Like Fielden? He will definately have my respect for staying with Bradford, knowing full well that for at least 2 years at least the NRL have wanted him. This is what any player should do. They are rewarded witha contract and agree to it, they should stick it out; not try and weasel out of it.
But Carney is acting a like a spoilt brat and I don't know why.

One last season of performances we know he is capbale of would leave us with great memorirs of a very good player.

However coming out with this just makes you think he doesn't want to play for us and he won't be fondly remembered for that at all.
I think all the "world class" winger business has gone straight to Carney's head. He's never been the same for us since he first played for GB. If we changed our shirt to the GB shirt we might have a chance of week in week out world class performances. A couple of season ago he was one of the most feared wingers in SL, now he couldnt even scare himself.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Next season he would be a bench player here. Richards and Dallas are the wingers and he knows that and wants out.

Chorley Pie eater

Post by Chorley Pie eater »

As someone who lives very close to BC, I have to say if I see him I will tell him to B----R OFF to oz now & let the lads who care about Wigan to get on with it. For me he should be told to go now & pay the cost of his early release fee. I honestly dont think he wanted to be here at all this season & I think that all of his injuries are just a put on, his attitude has been one of I dont care Paddy I want out.Let the unhappy leprecaun go & the sooner the better. :angry:
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

I've been told that Carney has recently split from his gf because she won't go to Oz with him next year,How true this is only time will tell....
But I agree with some of the other posts he has'nt been interested this season and clearly wants to go A.S.A.P. so might aswell get rid now!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Well I've got to agree with all the comments about Carney, but I also want to point out that he is no worse than Farrell, who also had no interest in fulfilling his commitment to our club :angry:
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Difference between Faz and the traitor is that Faz gave us years of world class performances has moved to another albeit linked sport.He hasnt moved away from the club he has changed sport.The only thing that wound me up was seeing his face all round the technical area and shouting orders out at training,if your gonna go go. Carney has grown a huuuge ego and forgotten to transfer that to the pitch.His knees hard compact aussie fields he will be how do the aussies put it CROOK in no time.I dont wish any player to be injured but i think that this is inevitable.