Re: Hansen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Not having a go at you.Just my opinion.You say no one at club has asked him to go. Well we will have to differ on this as we are all aware this with Hanson has been going on for months not once has any one from club come out and poured cold water on this.Yet Green gets in paper regarding leaving and within hours SW is out saying he is going no where.What would you read from this in his position.Only playing devils advocate
markill

Post by markill »

I'm not sure H is reaching his peak, I think the last 3/4 seasons may have been his peak. The reason I say this is the amount of games he's played in what is already at 28 a long professional career, the appearance that the injuries he suffers take longer to recover now and this will only get worse, and the fact that he is permanently crocked on his wrist that will only get worse and worse.

I'm not saying he hasn't got plenty left in the tank or a lot to offer at Wigan, or that I would wnat to see him go, I just don't think his next contract will see him at the peak of his career, his last contratc has seen to that. Therefore, if a mutually agreeable and beneficial deal was made for all parties I don't think you can criticise anyone at this point for making that move.

Personally, I would have offered him a two year deal at a slightly higher salary to recognise his seniority and performance level, rather than just take up the option as we did. Then, if we felt we didn't need him/he was declining after the next 12 months then we could still sell him, we'd have paid a slightly higher salary this year but can compensate by getting a fee equivalent to that in return so there would be no loss from letting him see out his current deal.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:Not having a go at you.Just my opinion.You say no one at club has asked him to go. Well we will have to differ on this as we are all aware this with Hanson has been going on for months not once has any one from club come out and poured cold water on this.Yet Green gets in paper regarding leaving and within hours SW is out saying he is going no where.What would you read from this in his position.Only playing devils advocate
If I was Hanson I would take the offer from Salford, he is not going to get a better offer from Wigan. I agree our club is sending signals to him to go, and I think we are wrong to let such a good servant go with out some fight to keep him and we will miss him for sure
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just been told the deal's been done. He signed for Salford today!

http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/salfor ... QE.twitter
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

markill wrote:I'm not sure H is reaching his peak, I think the last 3/4 seasons may have been his peak. The reason I say this is the amount of games he's played in what is already at 28 a long professional career, the appearance that the injuries he suffers take longer to recover now and this will only get worse, and the fact that he is permanently crocked on his wrist that will only get worse and worse.
Rubbish. Lockers has played as long and this season has been more injury prone than Hansen. Lets sell Lockers as well shall we?

Hansen crocked? You were at the grand final right? How crocked did he look then?

I'm not saying he hasn't got plenty left in the tank or a lot to offer at Wigan, or that I would wnat to see him go, I just don't think his next contract will see him at the peak of his career, his last contratc has seen to that.
Rubbish.
Therefore, if a mutually agreeable and beneficial deal was made for all parties I don't think you can criticise anyone at this point for making that move.
Therefore nothing. Your argument is based on nothing.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

'Will he stay or will he go' as the song goes.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Kittwazzer wrote:Just been told the deal's been done. He signed for Salford today!

Just read where it says he still had two years left. Is it true or have i got it wrong thinking he had only one year left?
Also how about his benefit will Salford cover the loss of that?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cow yeds wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Just been told the deal's been done. He signed for Salford today!

Just read where it says he still had two years left. Is it true or have i got it wrong thinking he had only one year left?
you are right, it was just a one year option. Salford are going to compensate him for his missed testimonial. He will probably be better off!
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cow yeds wrote:

you are right, it was just a one year option. Salford are going to compensate him for his missed testimonial. He will probably be better off!
Ta
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cow yeds wrote:

I told you that in confidence :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan