Re: 2014 New shirts, like or dislike?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
HGWarrior

Re: New shirts, like or dislike?

Post by HGWarrior »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
but the pink shirt a few years ago did a bomb. Way outselling the 'traditional' blue away kit.
1) Have you got any evidence to back that up or are you relying n what was said in the media by the club ?
Time will tell but I think this will be a hit. The marketing people they have at Wigan may not be perfect but I am sure they are far better qualified in doing their job than a lot of 'pundits' on here!!
2) I assume this is you having a "pop"?

we are entitled to an opinion and that is what these boards are for, you may also like to read my later post in this thread !
1) I have no evidence the same as you have no evidence that they didn't do a bomb. It was a statement by Ian Lenegan at one of the fans' forums where he indicted that he wasn't a fan of the 'pink' shirt but bowed to the greater knowledge of the marketing people. If he was lying then why lose money by continuing with the plan of a 3 year cycle.

I didn't get last year's 'traditional' type because I thought (ie IMO) it was too close to the previous year's shirt which I did get.

2) If the cap fits then.....

Yes we are all entitled to an opinion and I merely expressed mine. Just seems to be a lot of people's opinions on here are very negative - and before you ask if I am having a 'pop' see the earlier line in this post :D :D
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
JamieOliver

Post by JamieOliver »

I like away shirts but home not so much...
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

JamieOliver wrote:I like away shirts but home not so much...
Welcome to the site :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

HGWarrior wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:I think this is where the club have a massive home goal against themselves.

Last season WE DID THE DOUBLE, this season would have been absolute marketing guys dream to issue a traditional kit that would have been snapped up by the bucket load, The club did exactly the same with the pink version a few seasons ago, the town is on a high and a lot of people want associate themselves with the true identity of the club and take pride in wearing the traditional colours in the traditional layout

I am not against the experimental shirts but my own opinion is they should be the away shirts that are experimented with rather than the home kit.

That is just my opinion im sure many wont agree, but i have to say the home shirt looks more like a HULL KR shirt than a Wigan one, Balke Green and Scott Taylor must be having de ja vu

The away kit is based on a Melbourne storm media Polo from a few season ago

Just to add that i think many will wait for the kit to be cleared before buying due to the frequency of the kits being released but also not a lot of people will pay full price for the experimental kit
....But the pink shirt a few years ago did a bomb. Way outselling the 'traditional' blue away kit.

Time will tell but I think this will be a hit. The marketing people they have at Wigan may not be perfect but I am sure they are far better qualified in doing their job than a lot of 'pundits' on here!!

The 'pink' shirt was, at the time, the best selling replica we have had (helped by a Wembley visit), and blue away replicas have never sold well, black and last years purple/blue seem more popular.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
HGWarrior wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:I think this is where the club have a massive home goal against themselves.

Last season WE DID THE DOUBLE, this season would have been absolute marketing guys dream to issue a traditional kit that would have been snapped up by the bucket load, The club did exactly the same with the pink version a few seasons ago, the town is on a high and a lot of people want associate themselves with the true identity of the club and take pride in wearing the traditional colours in the traditional layout

I am not against the experimental shirts but my own opinion is they should be the away shirts that are experimented with rather than the home kit.

That is just my opinion im sure many wont agree, but i have to say the home shirt looks more like a HULL KR shirt than a Wigan one, Balke Green and Scott Taylor must be having de ja vu

The away kit is based on a Melbourne storm media Polo from a few season ago

Just to add that i think many will wait for the kit to be cleared before buying due to the frequency of the kits being released but also not a lot of people will pay full price for the experimental kit
....But the pink shirt a few years ago did a bomb. Way outselling the 'traditional' blue away kit.

The 'pink' shirt was, at the time, the best selling replica we have had (helped by a Wembley visit), and blue away replicas have never sold well, black and last years purple/blue seem more popular.
If the Club had any sense, they would play in last years shirts for the games down under as the Aussies would be looking forward to seeing Wigan playing in the famous and traditional Red and White hoops and not something which looks like a design for a wallpaper.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
HGWarrior wrote: ....But the pink shirt a few years ago did a bomb. Way outselling the 'traditional' blue away kit.

If the Club had any sense, they would play in last years shirts for the games down under as the Aussies would be looking forward to seeing Wigan playing in the famous and traditional Red and White hoops and not something which looks like a design for a wallpaper.
They'll bring out a new "Limited Edition" shirt for the Down Under trip. RRP £47
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Yep, they did that last time. Probably be more traditional than the new home kit IMO for the reasons outlined above. Show the Aussies the Wigan they expect and try to win some overseas supporters.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
derosby

Post by derosby »

HGWarrior wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
but the pink shirt a few years ago did a bomb. Way outselling the 'traditional' blue away kit.
1) Have you got any evidence to back that up or are you relying n what was said in the media by the club ?
2) I assume this is you having a "pop"?

we are entitled to an opinion and that is what these boards are for, you may also like to read my later post in this thread !
1) I have no evidence the same as you have no evidence that they didn't do a bomb. It was a statement by Ian Lenegan at one of the fans' forums where he indicted that he wasn't a fan of the 'pink' shirt but bowed to the greater knowledge of the marketing people. If he was lying then why lose money by continuing with the plan of a 3 year cycle.

I didn't get last year's 'traditional' type because I thought (ie IMO) it was too close to the previous year's shirt which I did get.

2) If the cap fits then.....

Yes we are all entitled to an opinion and I merely expressed mine. Just seems to be a lot of people's opinions on here are very negative - and before you ask if I am having a 'pop' see the earlier line in this post :D :D
I like wigan warriors shirt. Andrew webbing where to buy cheap football shirts?
This brand is what I seek.
Merry Christmas!