steve renouf

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan-warrior

steve renouf

Post by nathan-warrior »

What has happened to steve renouf
does anybody have any info on him like what club he moved to or what club he plays for i havent heard his name in years
Fraggle

Re: steve renouf

Post by Fraggle »

nathan-warrior posted:
What has happened to steve renouf
does anybody have any info on him like what club he moved to or what club he plays for i havent heard his name in years
Ok, sorry for the sarcasm in one of my other replies! Your first couple of questions seemed a bit troll-like but this is a fair one.

From http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/sto ... ubsection=:
Some newspaper in Australia wrote:

FORMER Queensland rugby league legend Steve Renouf is one ex-footballer who is enjoying life in retirement.

Renouf, who represented the Maroons and Australia during an glittering career dropped into the harbour city yesterday as part of Queensland Rail’s Look, Listen and Live campaign. And the man known as The Pearl is still as popular as ever, thrilling a captive audience at Toolooa High School.

'It’s great to get out to the schools. We are here to spread the word of kids staying safe at rail crossings,' Renouf said.

Renouf was a keen observer of the recent State Of Origin series and like every Queenslander was disappointed with the series loss to New South Wales.
'It was pretty disappointing for Queensland to be beaten, but you have to pay credit to New South Wales because they are a very good side.

'On the night they were by far the better team, but I am sure the Maroons will be back next year,' he said.

When asked whether he would love to be still playing football, Renouf was philosophical.

'Mate, I am pretty happy being retired from footy, I loved playing — but the body started to feel it towards the end and I‘m just enjoying watching now,' he said.

And the man who is the alltime Brisbane Broncos top tryscorer is impressed with his old side which currently sits on top of the NRL ladder.

'The Broncos are going very well, they have got through the Origin period OK and they are really red-hot favourites at the moment.

'Wayne (Bennett) has got them playing top football and I have been really impressed with Shaun Berrigan, who has been lethal in attack,' he said.

But Renouf added the Broncos would probably have to get over the North Queensland Cowboys in the finals series.

'The Cowboys had a bad loss on the weekend, but they are a top football side with the potential to win big finals as they showed last year,' he said.
So still out doing his bit for the community but retired from rugby league. He played for one of the QLD local teams for a while, Easts Tigers, after retiring from the professional game.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
nathan-warrior

Re: steve renouf

Post by nathan-warrior »

thankyou that has totaly answered my question