Warriors Name Squad to face Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Name Squad to face Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

Warriors Head Coach Shaun Wane has today named his 19 man squad to face Hull KR at the DW Stadium on Friday night, 8pm kick off.

The Warriors are without the suspended Michael McIlorum who was handed a three match ban by the RFL Disciplinary on Tuesday whilst as expected both Sean O'Loughlin and Gil Dudson return to the squad after missing the defeat at Castleford.

Wigan 19 Man Squad ( in alphabetical order)

1 Matty Bowen, 32 Joe Burgess, 2 Josh Charnley, 24 Tony Clubb, 17 Dom Crosby, 16 Gil Dudson, 12 Liam Farrell, 10 Ben Flower, 3 Darrell Goulding, 6 Blake Green, 14 Jack Hughes, 28 Jordan James,13 Sean O'Loughlin, 22 Eddy Pettybourne, 7 Matty Smith, 8 Scott Taylor, 4 Iain Thornley, 15 Logan Tomkins, 27 George Williams

Referee - Richard Silverwood

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 2RU1uP0.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Re: Warriors Name Squad to face Hull KR

Post by southportcdm »

I'd like to see George williams get some game time this weekend. Waney has hinted that he may consider moving Matty Smith to hooker for a spell and this means that George could play scrum half. George is now too good to be playing in the 19's and needs to get some first team experience. Part of a game against HKR would seem like the ideal chance.
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

Is Dan injured or 'rested' ? Get to see this game on Sunday thanks to Maori TV ...
:D
doc

Post by doc »

Sarginson damaged his ankle vs Cas
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

Thanks doc . Hope its not serious was looking forward to seeing him play again.
(Still am just have to wait for next televised game on Maori TV)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

southportcdm wrote:I'd like to see George williams get some game time this weekend. Waney has hinted that he may consider moving Matty Smith to hooker for a spell and this means that George could play scrum half. George is now too good to be playing in the 19's and needs to get some first team experience. Part of a game against HKR would seem like the ideal chance.
We needs to focus on getting the league points and respect the opposition before we experiment in my opinion. That said I can see some logic in being able to spell someone with Logan T who will no doubt start as hooker.